Configure Automatic Replies for Contact Notification
Make sure to notify friends and family with whom you correspond about your email account being deleted. To make this easy, set up an auto-response message (from your @flagler.edu email account) that includes your new contact information. This way, when someone contacts you, they will be notified automatically of how they should reach you after you graduate.
- Log into your current email account at https://outlook.office.com.
- Click “Options” in the upper-right of the screen.
- Click “See all options…”
- In the upper-right, click “Tell people you’re on vacation.”
- Enter the message you would like people to receive automatically when they email you. Here is an example you can use: Hello! I am no longer checking this email account because I will soon graduate from Flagler College. My new email address is YOUR-EMAIL-ADDRESS-HERE. Please update your address book to ensure that I receive your emails. After graduation, I will no longer have access to my current YOUR-USERNAME@flagler.edu email account. Thank you!
- Set the “Start time” to today, and the “End time” 2 years into the future (well past your account deletion date) to ensure that you don’t miss any messages.
- Select the checkbox for “Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization”
- Select the checkbox for “Send replies to all external senders.”
- Click "Save" in the bottom-right.
- Have someone send you an email as a test.
- If you want to set your @flagler.edu email to automatically forward to your alternate email account until it is deleted, make sure to follow these instructions:
Forward Your Email