What is the PURPOSE of an internship?
Gain practical experience and first hand exposure to the operations of an organization!
By completing an internship, students will:
- Explore different career fields and industries
- Be more aware of professional duties and tasks required within specific areas
- Learn practical application from in-class learning
- Add to your resumé
- Network with professionals and industry leaders
- Open the doors to future opportunities
During the internship, an organization may request students to perform many duties to enlighten them about various aspects of the industry. All assignments should be related directly to the educational aspects of the internship. When a student and organization work together it can provide provide a combination of work experiences and learning opportunities. The ultimate goal of an internship is to link theory to practice. (Cuneen & Sidwell, 1994, p. 47)
How do I SECURE an internship?
Students are encouraged to meet with Career Development Center to find internship sites and discuss reputable host organizations. Make your appointment here!
If seeking credit, students must meet with their Academic Department Internship Coordinator:
- Anthropology: Lori Lee
- Art: Laura Mongiovi
- Art History: Chris Balaschak
- Accounting, Business Administration and Economics and Honorable Entrepreneurship: Paula Holanchock
- Communication: Tracy Halcomb
- Criminology: Josh Behl
- Education: Beth Upchurch
- English: Judith Burdan
- Graphic Design: Natalie Stephenson
- History: Kelly Enright
- Hospitality and Tourism Management: Zac Cole
- Latin American Studies & Spanish: Eugenia Charoni
- Law: Chris Moser
- Natural Sciences: Terri Seron
- Philosophy/Religion: Tim Johnson
- Political Science: Brenda Kauffman
- Psychology: Lynn Brueske-Walton
- Sociology: Jennifer Melvin
- Sport Management: Danielle Stanley
- Theatre Arts: Andrea McCook
- Youth Ministry: Justin Forbes
Report your internship in Handshake!
|Monday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
First Destination Reports