Starting a Club
Create a space for your passions. If Flagler College does not currently have a club you are interested in, it is possible to create one and find other students who share that interest. The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement is happy to help you achieve your goal and enhance your college experience!
The approval for a new student organization to become active comes from the Director of Student Leadership and Engagement and the Student Government Association. Students must request approval to form a new club by submitting a New Student Organization Registration form on Saints Connect. This form must include:
- A proposed constitution
- A statement of purpose
- A list of projected activities
- A proposed budget
- Names and signatures of at least 20 students interested in charter membership
- Names of provisional officers – required positions: President, Vice president, Treasurer, and Secretary
- The name of the faculty or staff advisor
Note: All College club officers and members must be full-time Flagler students.
The Club Advisor
The Club Advisor is a faculty or staff member who serves as a sponsor to an organization or club. The role of the Club Advisor is to:
- Supervise the activities of the organization in accordance with the approved purpose of the organization and assist in the planning and coordination of activities.
- Provide continuity for the organization to ensure consistency of purpose and activities from year to year.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and complete records and minutes of the organization.
- Provide guidance and interpretation in the area of administrative policies and decisions.
- Report to the Director of Student Activities on the progress and needs of the organization.