Maintaining the Charter
In order for a student organization to maintain its charter, it must meet the monthly and yearly requirements set forth by the College. The general monthly and yearly requirements are below.
- Meeting Minutes
- Regular Meeting Attendance
- Upload in Saints Connect under Group Page Files
Log Meeting attendance under each event in Saints Connect (Registration and Track Attendance/Check-in)
- 2 Service – A service event involves helping a charitable or non-profit organization. This could be helping with Habitat for Humanity, having a canned food drive, or hosting a fundraiser.
- 2 Social – A social event involves an event on campus that has been advertised and is open to the entire campus.
- These are the minimum numbers; student organizations are welcome to exceed these minimums.
Monthly Club Presidents Meetings
Presidents must attend the monthly Club Presidents meetings with the Director of Student Leadership and engagement. If the President cannot attend, an officer should be sent in their place.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NON-COMPLIANCE
- First Offence: Director of Student Leadership and Engagement will notify the student organization advisor
- Second Offence: Student organization president will meet with the Director of Student Leadership and Engagement and their advisor on how to resolve the issue
- Third Offence: The student organization will be evaluated by the Director of Student Leadership and Engagement and Dean of Engagement to determine if the organization will be placed on probation or not.
- If the student organization continues to not meet their requirements for during the academic year, then the Director of Student Leadership and Engagement will present the organization to the Student Government Association for them to decide if the club will remain active on-campus.