Program Schedule & Calendar
Designed for Your Needs
The Public Administration Program can be completed in 5 semesters or 2 1/2 years. Here is how it works:
- 17 week semesters are split between two 8 week sessions with a one-week break between sessions
- You can take two classes each session (four per semester)
- Students take two classes each session (four per semester). Students can select a Monday-Wednesday or a Tuesday-Thursday class schedule which follows asynchronous schedules. Face-to-face classes meet one evening per week from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday classes are replaced by weekly online assignments, activities, and discussion boards.
- Classes follow either hybrid or and fully online formats. Each semester will include a mix of face-to-face hybrids and fully online courses.
- Hybrid Classroom Course: Online activity is mixed with classroom meetings, and as used at Flagler, modestly replaces a classroom venue by 20%. For example, if a course traditionally meets in a classroom once or twice per week, a blended version might use online sessions to replace one or two of the traditional weekly classroom sessions or focus face-to-face sessions on laboratory or project work.
- Fully Online Course: All course activity is done online; there are no required face-to-face sessions within the course and no requirements for on-campus activity. Courses consist entirely of online elements that facilitate the three critical student interactions: with content, the instructor, and other students.
- No summer classes.
Fall Semester 2020
|July||17||Last day to submit an application for the Fall semester|
|31||All documents, including transcripts, must be received for Fall applications|
|August||7||Last day to submit Fall semester deposit and enrollment confirmation form|
PAD Adjunct Reception (TBD)
New Student Orientation, 6:00pm, Pollard Hall
|17||PAD Fall Session A begins|
|24||Last day to drop courses without a grade|
|September||11||Last day to drop a course in Session A and receive a grade of W|
|October||8||End of Fall Session A|
|19||PAD Fall Session B begins|
|26||Last day to drop a course without a grade|
|November||13||Last day to drop a course in Session B and receive a grade of W|
|20||Last day to submit an application for Spring Semester|
|December||10||The end of Fall Session B|
|11||All documents, including transcripts, must be received for Spring applications|
|12||Fall Commencement. Lewis Auditorium. 4:00pm|
|15||Spring term 2020-2021 Orientation. 6:00pm in Pollard Hall|
|16||Last day to submit Spring semester deposit and enrollment confirmation form|
|21||College closes until January 4, 2021|
Spring Semester 2021
|January||11||PAD Spring Sessions A begins|
|18||Last week to drop a course without a grade|
|February||5||Last day to drop a course in Session A and receive a grade of W|
The end of Spring Session A
|15||PAD Spring Session B begins|
|22||Last day to drop a course without a grade|
|April||9||Last day to drop a course in Session B and receive a grade of W|
|May||6||The end of Spring Session B|
|May||8||PAD Spring Commencement Ceremony, Lewis Auditorium, 4:00 p.m.|