Digital Media encompasses a wide range of online media platforms such as:
The Department of Marketing and Communication is responsible for the College's digital media presence. This includes, but is not limited to:
- MyFlagler (Content only)
- Official Flagler College social media channels and pages
- Any website purchases
- Digital marketing campaigns
- Social Media Council
The Department of Marketing and Communication will review and approve any request to purchase new Flagler College-related websites or digital campaigns. Once the request has been approved, the proposal will be presented to the Vice President of Business Services for financial approval. If you are interested in purchasing an official Flagler College third-party website (such as an official Flagler College Wordpress site), please email the Office of Digital Strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back To Top
The Front-end Development Manager will troubleshoot problems and oversee technical features and updates to www.flagler.edu and any other official Flagler College websites. If you experience any issues on our .edu website, please email email@example.com.
The Department of Institutional Technology will troubleshoot problems and oversee technical features and updates to MyFlagler. If you experience any issues on MyFlagler, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back To Top
In order to assist students, employees, and other individuals, Flagler College has prepared these “Best Practices” that must be considered when posting on behalf of an official Flagler College unit or on Official College Channels.
Posting on Digital Media Platforms
- Think Twice Before Posting
- Honesty is the Best Policy
- Do Not Post Private or Confidential Information
- Strive for Accuracy
- Be Respectful
- Remember the Audience
- Be User-Centered
Maintaining and Managing Digital Media Channels
- Decide if a Social Platform is Needed
- Students and Employees Do Not Have to be on Everything, Just What Matters
- Quality Content is of the Utmost Importance
- Stay On-Brand
- Make Time for Social Listening
- Maintain a Content Calendar
The Digital Strategy team will oversee and monitor Flagler College’s digital media presence. This includes:
- Starting a New Channel: Requests to start a new or take control of an Official College Channel. You can make a request to start a new channel or page by submitting the social media application: Starting a New Channel Application.
- Training: Training for official Flagler College content contributors through the Social Media Council, or through meetings with the department.
- Content/Post Concerns: The Office of Digital Strategy may monitor content on official Flagler College channels and websites for inappropriate content; however, posts and content are created throughout the day, and the office may not always be aware of such content until notified. Thus, individuals are encouraged to email the Office of Digital Strategy if any concerns arise at email@example.com.
The Office of Digital Strategy may request that a channel be removed if it is inactive or no longer serves Flagler College’s mission and institutional goals. To request the removal of content that does not meet the definition of “inappropriate content” from Official College Channels, the Dean or Head of the particular department seeking to remove such content must advise the Office of Digital Strategy in writing of the specific content to be removed.
View a list of existing social media channels here.Back To Top