Princeton in Latin America Fellowship (PiLa)
Princeton in Latin America (PiLA) partners with NGOs and multilateral organizations and places highly qualified recent college graduates in year-long service fellowships with nonprofit, public service, humanitarian, and government organizations in Latin American and Caribbean.
Placements emphasize the power of firsthand work experience to shape young people's attitudes and mobilize them to effect positive social change
- Approximately 25 fellowships are awarded each year. The fellowship covers:
- On the ground expenses, including housing and living stipend.
- Medical, medical evacuation, and security evacuation insurance.
- Housing and meals for pre-departure orientation for all Fellows.
- Mid-year retreat in Africa (including partial travel grant for travel to and from the retreat location).
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree prior to departure.
- Spanish- or Portuguese-language competency is essential
Qualifications for competitive application
- Flexibility to adapt successfully to shifting circumstances.
- Working Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
- Commitment to community orientated work either at home or abroad
- knowledge of and/or experience in the region you are applying.
- Understanding of PiLa mission.
- Campus Deadline: October 25th
- National Deadline: November 6th