The Marshall Scholarship funds two years of study at a British university. The goal of the Marshall Scholarship is to bring intellectually distinguished young Americans, who will be future leaders of this nation, to Great Britain to imbue them with an understanding and appreciation of British social and academic values.
- 40 scholarships are awarded each year.
- Tuition at any university in the United Kingdom for two years
- Living allowance
- Air transportation
- Travel stipend
- Must be an U.S. Citizen
- Be under the age of 26
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree at beginning of scholarship
- At least maintained a 3.7 GPA
Qualifications for competitive applications
- Clearly defined academic interests plus a strong record of leadership and activities, in addition to exceptional academic achievement.
- Have a good reason for pursuing postgraduate education in the United Kingdom
- Identified a specific program at a U.K. university
- The Marshall Commission seeks people who will make a contribution to the life of a British university.
- Will be able to demonstrate capacity for independent academic work through a senior thesis, independent research project, or comparable creative or performance activity.
- Campus Deadline: September 15th
- National Deadline: October 1st