The Gates Cambridge Trust awards scholarships to study as graduate students at the University of Cambridge.
The Trustees award scholarships on the basis of a person's intellectual ability, capacity for leadership, and desire to use their knowledge to contribute to the well-being of society.
- 110 scholarships, 45 of those are for permanent residents of the U.S.
- Tuition for any graduate program at the University of Cambridge
- Living allowance
- Transportation and air travel
- Additional expense fund
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One-year postgraduate course
Qualifications for a competitive application
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- Leadership potential
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- A good fit between the applicant's qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate program at Cambridge for which they are applying
- Excellent recommendations
- Strong academic record
- Campus deadline: September 20th
- National deadline: October 10th