Application Process Resources
Review the timeline and checklist below for some guidelines to follow when applying for a competitive fellowship.
|1. Talk to the Campus Advisor ||2. Create a Research Dossier ||3. Complete the Application ||4. Campus Committee Recommendation||
5. Turn in everything by deadline and wait
- Find a fellowship that fit your interest and goals
- Learn about strategies for successful applications
- Look at sample applications and past applicant essays
- Research past winners. What are common characteristics?
- Use checklist to organize materials and dates
- Assess your interest level and fit before continuing
- Write essays, get feedback, revise, and repeat
- Use on-campus resources for essay revision
- Ask for recommendations in advance
- Request transcripts
- Fill out actual application
- Update resume
- Ask your fellowship advisor about this process
- You will need to pick what faculty members you want as committee members
- It is important to be endorsed by Flagler
- Campus deadlines are before national deadline
- Deadlines change each year
- Notify recommenders of the deadline
- Note if hard copy is needed. Some applications cannot be submitted electronically
- Once submitted await notification of status
- Expect to wait 3-6 months
- Have a fallback plan
|3-6 months before application is due
||3 months before application is due
||Start at least 2 months before deadline
||1 Month before application is due
||Deadlines are FIRM. Get your app in early. Good Luck!
Fill out this checklist to keep you on track throughout the application process.
Fellowship and Scholarship Checklist