There's been a lot of information sent to you this summer, but we have you covered!
Campus Updates and Reminders
As we dive into a new school year, keep these things in mind.
Flagler College undertook a number of significant campus projects this summer that will positively impact your experience as a student.
Ponce Hall Kitchen Project
The newly renovated Ponce de Leon Dining Hall includes several new features:
- Vegan Station
- Destination Stations with specialty food items
- Coffee bar with Java City coffee
- Late-night options in P-1
- Made-to-order stations
- You can watch your meal being freshly made in front of you
Ringhaver Student Center
The Division of Student Affairs is diving into the student experience by assessing some of the lounge space in the Ringhaver Student Center. Recently they've added bean bag chairs and other options for a more comfortable experience.Back To Top
To achieve our mission and newly defined goals of our Strategic Plan, the Office of Student Services has been reorganized:
- The Office of Student Services has been renamed the Division of Student Affairs;
- The Division of Student Affairs has been reorganized. Within that reorganization, Dean Hibler will assume supervisory responsibilities for Residence Life, Safety and Security, and Health Services and will share supervisory responsibilities with the VPSA for Counseling and CARE. Also, Tara Stevenson has been promoted to Sr. Director of Student Engagement and will assume supervisory responsibilities for Career Development, Student Activities, and Intramurals/Campus Recreation;
- In addition to serving as the Vice President of Student Affairs, Dr. Sandra Miles will also assume the role of Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer;
- The Office of Diversity and Inclusion has been established to promote a culture of inclusion where individuals from all racial and ethnic identities, ages, nationalities, social and economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religious, political and ideological perspectives, and physical and mental abilities are able to thrive and be engaged as students, faculty, and staff. Under the leadership of the CDIO, the office will provide support for QEP and all other diversity and inclusion initiatives that advance diversity as a critical component of social, academic and civic life at Flagler College;
- In addition to serving as the Title IX Coordinator, Jessica Kobryn will also assume the role of Equity Investigator in support of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Her office is now located in the Student Center room 218
Center for Advising and Core Experience (CACE)
Flagler College now has professional advisers through the newly developed Center for Advising and Core Experience.
CACE Advisors will serve as the primary advisor for students in the first year. Students will receive a faculty mentor in their first year and will transition to a faculty advisor in their major as they complete their Core requirements.
Find your CACE Advisor on the 3rd Floor of the Proctor Library or make an appointment using Handshake.
Back To Top