Skip to Main content

Campus-Wide FAQs

Select a theme or department below to find the answers to our most frequently asked questions across campus. 

Admissions: Ambassador Program

Q: How do I become an ambassador?

A: if you are interested in becoming an Ambassador (tour guide) for the Office of Admissions, please email

Back To Top
Academic Advising

Q: How do I add a minor?

A: See Dr. Sarah Deagle in the CACE Office on the 3rd floor of Proctor Library located in the Library, room 335 or email her at

Q: Questions regarding the academic/semester school schedule.

A: The academic calendar and final exam schedules can be viewed at under the academics tab.

Q: Who can I talk to about making a plan for my major/ minor?

A: Make an appointment with a CACE Advisor on Handshake or email  

Back To Top
Business Services (refunds, billing, payments, parking etc...)

Q: When do we get our refunds?

A: Please visit for information on refunds, tuition payments, insurance information, etc. or email them at Refunds are typically processed 7-10 business days after the end of add/drop/

Q: How much does it cost to send transcripts and how do I do this?

A: To request your transcript, you can do so online at It is $5 per transcript.

Q: Where can I buy a parking pass?

A: You can purchase your parking permit online at

Q: Who do I contact about parking tickets with the school?

A: If you have any questions about parking on campus, please email

Back To Top
Career Development Center

Q: What is the four-year plan?

 A: The four-year plan is a program designed for students to receive career guidance each year at Flagler. Please visit the Career Development Center on the 2nd floor of the Alumni House or learn more online at

Q: Who should I see about my resume?

A: Anyone in the Career Development Center is available to meet with students one-on-one or in a group setting to discuss resume building. Please visit the Career Development Center on the 2nd floor of the Alumni House, or email, or schedule an appointment directly on You can find resume examples for any major at

Q: Who do I see about getting an internship?

A: The CDC helps students research potential internships both on and off-campus. We work with academic departments and major-specific intern coordinators if students are seeking credit for their experience. Please visit the CDC on the 2nd Floor of the Alumni House or learn more online at To explore internship or job opportunities, visit

Back To Top
Dining Services

Q: What are the Dining hall/bistro/pod hours?

A: You can find everything you need to know about hours at or through

Q: Who do I talk to about d-hall concerns/suggestions/questions?

A: Please email

Q: Do I have to return my smoothie cup?

A: Yes, your smoothie cup should be returned at the end of the academic year.

Q: If I am a returning student and I am living on campus, am I required to have the full meal plan?

A: No, returning students living on campus can choose from the full open-access meal plan, 15 meals per week, or 10 meals per week.

Back To Top

Q: Where should I go to find out what’s happening on and off-campus?

A: You can log in to the Hammock with your Flagler credentials at to find events happening for the entire month or year. To see what is happening on a daily basis, follow the Flagler Events Instagram & Twitter accounts @flaglerevents.

Back To Top
Financial Aid

Q: When should I apply for scholarships?

A: Incoming freshmen or transfer students are automatically assessed for all eligible scholarships. Once a Flagler GPA has been established, continuing Flagler students are encouraged to apply each February for additional Flagler scholarships. Email reminders are sent to students to apply.

Q: Who should I talk to about my financial aid packages?

A: Your Financial Aid Counselor. Counselors are assigned by your last name. Please visit our Financial Aid Counselor page to determine who your counselor is. 

Q: What is Financial Aid?

A: Everything in a financial aid award offer such as grants, scholarships, work-study, federal student loans, and federal parent loans.

Q: How do I apply for Financial Aid?

A: You have to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out if you are eligible for any federal aid. The FAFSA is also required for some grants and scholarships.

Q: Why do my parents have to turn in tax documents?

A: When students are selected for verification, the college is required to verify that the information on their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application matches their income tax and financial/household information. For more information, visit

Q: How do I know if I’ve done everything I need to do?

A: To make sure your financial aid documents are complete, check your “Documents” by signing in to your Financial Aid Account at

Q: How do I apply for federal student loans?

A: First, complete the FAFSA. After being offered a loan, accept it in your student portal, complete a loan agreement (Mastery Promissory Note), and complete Entrance Counseling. You only need to do the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling once.

TIP: Keep track of your loans, only borrow what you need, make a plan for how you will repay these loans when you graduate, and visit the Office of Financial Aid for one-on-one help.

Q: What happens to my financial aid if I need to withdraw from school?

A: Meet with your Financial Aid Counselor to ensure you are informed before making any decisions that could impact your financial aid.

Q: How do I repay my loans?

A: For most federal student loans, repayment begins when you leave college or drop below half-time enrollment. For PLUS loans, repayment begins when the loan is fully disbursed. Prior to repayment, monthly interest payments on your loans will reduce the overall amount. Federal student loans have a loan servicer to handle billing and other services. To find yours, visit After identifying your servicer, visit their website to make a loan payment. For private loans, contact your lender for repayment details. More information:

Back To Top
First-Year Experience: Co-Curricular

Q: How many co-curriculars do I need?

A: The Passport Co-Curricular Program requires that students attend 3 events per semester during your Freshman and Sophomore years (under 60-credit hours) and 2 events per semester during Junior and Senior years (over 60-credit hours). The required number of events are pro-rated by semester for students with transfer credit. Each academic year, one of these events must be diversity-related. You can view your credits on The Hammock by logging in, clicking on your name in the top right corner, and selecting Involvement. For more information, visit the Passport Co-Curricular page.

Back To Top

Q: How do I find a place to rent if I am moving off-campus?

A: The Division of Student Affairs keeps an updated list of off-campus rentals. The individuals who list rentals have reached out to Flagler College and the list is updated weekly.

Q: How do I find a roommate for off-campus housing?

A: If you have already secured off-campus housing, you can list your rental on the Off-Campus List or the Class of Pages.

Q: Where do I go to pick up my room key?

A: If you are a late arrival, you will be able to pick up your key from security. If you have had a new key made, you will receive an email from Residence Life to pick up your key from the Division of Student Affairs.

Q: What do I do if I lose my room key?

A: To report a lost key, email Residence life will charge your student account and place a maintenance request to have the lock changed or key made. For Ponce, Lewis, and Cedar, lock changes are $30, plus $5 per key. For Abare, lock changes and key replacements are $75. Closet key replacements are $5.

Q: Who do I contact about a room change?

A: If you live in Abare or FEC, contact Ms. Chapman at If you live in Ponce, Lewis or Cedar, contact Ms. Holland at

Q: Who do I contact to talk about living in Abare or FEC next year?

A: Please reach out to Ms. Chapman at

Q: How can I apply to become a CA/RA?

A: Community advisors (first-year student staff members) are hired twice a year. The largest hiring occurs during the Spring semester. We encourage students to attend informational meetings to learn more about the position and the process of applying. Requirements for consideration include: 2.5 overall and semester GPA, 2 semesters of residential living, and at least 30 completed credits by the end of the semester. Additional questions can be emailed to

Q: Questions about interhall

A: Ponce and Cedar Halls are primarily for incoming students and will have interhall visitation hours from 2 pm to 2 am. Guests of the opposite sex must check-in at the lobby desk.

Lewis Hall is a flex housing building with both males and females and includes a mix of incoming and upperclassmen students. Students on the first floor can visit other students on the first floor without signing in. They will be permitted to hang out in all three lounges (first, second and third). Female students can hang out in the third-floor lounge while doing laundry, which they can do at any time. They are just not permitted to enter rooms in the second and third floor.

FEC and Abare are upperclassmen buildings for all genders and have open visitation – no visitor check-in required.

All overnight guests across campus must be pre-approved through the Student Affairs office, and no guests of the opposite sex are allowed to stay overnight, per the Student Handbook.

Back To Top

For frequently asked housekeeping and maintenance questions, please visit

Back To Top
Learning Resource Center

Q: What time does the LRC open/close?

A: The Learning Resource Center’s regular hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. on Fridays. Most labs also have evening hours in Proctor Library from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Summer hours vary. To make an appointment, check specific lab hours, or learn more about their services visit

Q: Do I need to make an appointment to see a tutor?

A: We encourage it, but you are not required to do so.  To make an appointment, visit and click the “Make an appointment with a tutor” button. Otherwise, you can feel free to walk in and be seen on a space-available basis. Making an appointment means that you won’t have to wait for a tutor, and we encourage appointments during busy times of the year like midterms and December.

Q: What does it cost to see a tutor?

A: There is no cost; it is included in your tuition.

Q: Is there a limit on how often you can see a tutor?

A. We usually limit students to three visits per week, which is usually more than enough. If you need to work with a tutor more than that, there are lab courses in which we can enroll you, like ENG 010, ENG 020, REA 010, and MAT 010. Taking these one-hour add-on courses means that you will have a dedicated, weekly one-on-one meeting with a tutor without the need to make an appointment. If you are interested in adding one of these courses to your schedule, you can speak with the LRC Director or by emailing

Q: How do I become a tutor?

A: Generally speaking, you will need a recommendation from a faculty member who teaches the subject you wish to tutor, at least an A- average in that subject, and an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher.  All potential tutors must also complete either apprentice training or take a one-hour tutor training course. It is best to begin by contacting the lab coordinator for whom you want to tutor to discover the specific steps for your program.

Q: How will my instructor know that I used the LRC?

After every tutoring session, the tutor creates a “visit note” that describes what happened during your session. Things like what stage you are at with the assignment, whether you reviewed any instructor feedback, your level of engagement in the session, and how long you worked (among others) are typically included in this note. Instructors receive them every Saturday by 10:00 p.m. through an automatic process. Many instructors require a visit to the LRC, while some offer extra credit. These visit notes provide proof of your visit.

Q: How long are tutoring sessions?

A: The default session is 30 minutes, but you needn’t take that long. Some sessions are as short as five minutes, while others can stretch to an hour. We ask that if you need more than an hour that you make an appointment for another time and return later to pick up where you left off. Tutors will not work with the same student for more than one hour at a time. 

Q: What happens if I miss an appointment with a tutor?

A: The first time you miss an appointment with a tutor, you receive a warning email letting you know that you missed the appointment. The second time you miss an appointment, you are blocked for the term from making any more appointments online. Instead, you will have to call the LRC front desk to make an appointment (904-826-8548).

Q: How do I cancel an appointment with a tutor?

A: Simply follow the link in your appointment confirmation or reminder email to cancel the appointment. Canceling the appointment means that the tutor will be available to help other students. If you cancel more than three appointments in any one-week period, you will be blocked.

Back To Top
Library Services

Q: What time does the library open/close?

A: For up to date hours information, please check the library’s hours of operation calendar:

Q: I forgot to return my book, is there a late fee?

A: For detailed information about fines and fees, please click the link below and search under the tab Borrowing & Renewing Policies:

Q: Can I check out textbooks for some of my classes?

A: The library has nearly every general education textbook available for check out at our Circulation/Reserves Desk.  The loan period for these items is 3 hours, and the book must remain in the library during this time.  For assistance with searching for a textbook or any library materials, visit or please see a librarian.  We are here to help!

  • Call: 904-819-6206
  • Text: 904-701-3509
Back To Top
Office of the Registrar

Q: When can I drop a class as a W instead of a WF?

A: Each semester there are certain dates that you must withdraw from a class before receiving a WF. Please visit our Academic Calendar for a list of those dates.

Q: How do I find out my GPA?

A: Your GPA is listed on your Flagler College unofficial transcript and can be found in myFlagler under Academics.

Q: Do Flagler credits transfer to other colleges?

A: College and Universities each have their own policies with regard to transcript evaluation and the awarding of credit. Please see the Office of the Registrar for questions about your transcript and the transfer process.

Q: What courses are offered online and how do I register for them?

A: Online courses are offered during Flagler’s summer term. Check your Flagler email in the Spring semester for an announcement on when you can register for summer courses.

Q: If the add/drop period is over, can I still add/drop a class?

A: After the end of the add/drop period you may only withdraw from a class, which will show as a W on your transcript. You may not add a course after the end of add/drop.

Q: How do I drop a course?

A: During the first week of classes (the Add/Drop period), classes can be dropped online in myFlagler. After the Add/Drop period, you may drop a class by going to the Office of the Registrar. You should always consult with your advisor before making adjustments to your schedule to ensure you are not affecting your degree plan.

Back To Top
Safety and Security

Q: How do I get a student ID?

A: You will be issued your initial Flagler student ID card on move-in day at the beginning of the semester. Photo stations will be set up in the Ringhaver Student Center from 8am-4pm on those days.

Q: Where do I go to get a new ID?

 If you lose your ID card during the semester, you must pay the $25 replacement fee first at the Business Office located at 18 Valencia Street, then bring your receipt to the Security office at 170 Malaga Street anytime from 7:30 am to 3 pm Monday-Friday.

Q: Why won’t my ID work?

A: ID cards sometimes stop working if the magnetic strip on the back is damaged, demagnetized, or cracked. If your card stops working, first check with your RA for help. Then stop by the Security office at 170 Malaga Street anytime from 7:30 am to 3 pm Monday-Friday.

Q: If my ID is damaged, how much is a replacement?

A: If your card is damaged, you must pay the $25 replacement before a new one is issued.

Back To Top
Institutional Technology (IT Office)

Q: The Wi-Fi is not working, what do I do?

A: Ask around to see if others are also experiencing a WiFi outage. If so, there may be larger issues happening on campus. These issues will be addressed through the Class of Pages and the Technology Services Facebook page. If you’re the only person experiencing the issues, try restarting the device. If that fails, stop by the Institutional Technology department on the third floor of the Proctor Library.

Q: My computer is broken. Is there someone I can see on campus about this?

A: The Technology Services Department is not authorized to work on personal equipment.

Q: I can’t play on my Xbox. Who do I see about this?

A: Technology Services can help get your Xbox connected to the WiFi. However, we can’t fix broken Xboxes.

Q: Services such as MyFlagler, email, and Canvas are down. Who should I contact?

A: Contact the Technology Services department at 904-819-6293, or by visiting our offices on the third floor of Proctor Library.

Back To Top
General Questions

Q: How do I order a class ring?

A: If you are interested in ordering a class ring, please contact Margo Thomas in the Office of Alumni Relations at or 904-819-6474

Q: Are there any on-campus jobs available and how do I apply?

A: Yes, every semester the College offers student work grant positions. To apply, please visit and click on the Student Jobs button. Tip: job postings are available early each semester so you will want to apply early.

Q: What is the schedule for the mailroom?

A: The mailroom is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and closed on Saturdays and Sundays. There are limited Saturday/Sunday hours during Fall and Spring move-in days.

Back To Top