In accordance with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and health officials, Flagler College will only allow students with proof of a negative PCR test result to return to campus in the spring. We believe this is an important step in ensuring the health and safety of our campus and surrounding community. Details regarding this expectation can be found below.
Students at the Tallahassee campus are expected to undergo a PCR test on or after December 26, 2021. It is important to be aware of local conditions that impact the time it takes to receive results. In many areas, individuals should expect 3 – 5 days for test results to become available.
*Florida Residents* - To receive your test results quickly, download the Healthy Together app. The state of Florida has partnered with Healthy Together to provide quick notification of test results.Back To Top
For the convenience of Flagler-Tallahassee students living in the Tallahassee region, Flagler has partnered with North Florida Spine and Wellness for rapid, no charge COVID testing. To schedule an appointment call 850-877-6790 or visit https://www.healthytallahassee.com/. Students can also obtain a PCR test at hundreds of locations across the country. Many states offer free testing sites supported through CARES funding, in addition to the COVID testing sites run through private companies such as CVS and Walgreens. A list of other testing locations can be found here.Back To Top
Everyone’s Flagler Plus app will be set to “testing” on December 26, 2021. Upon receiving a negative test result, please upload the screenshot of the result in the app. A user who uploads a negative PCR test result will then be placed in the daily symptom tracking workflow.Back To Top
When the College reopens for the spring semester, a “green screen” will be needed to access Flagler-Tallahassee offices and classrooms beginning January 4.Back To Top
All students returning from international travel are still expected to quarantine for 48 hours upon arrival to the United States prior to undergoing a PCR test, and quarantine until negative results are obtained.Back To Top
Students may file exemption requests here, COVID-19 Exemption Request. Requests will be reviewed using the information provided and decisions will be made prior to January 1. Any exemption request received after January 1 will not be considered. Exemption requests will be reviewed by the lead COVID administrators and exemptions based on medical reasons will be reviewed by the supervising physician.Back To Top
COVID TESTING EXEMPTION PROCESS
- Students must submit an exemption request prior to January 1, utilizing the Qualtrics form.
- Requests will be reviewed by Kris Roberts and Laura Stevenson Dumas and students will be notified of a decision prior to January 1.
- Exemption request related to a medical issue will be reviewed by the supervising physician.
- Students whose exemption request is approved are required to quarantine for two weeks prior to accessing campus.
- Residential students will be permitted to quarantine on campus.
- Students who disagree with the decision related to their exemption request, and believe the decision was based on an error in the process or have new information that was not originally provided, may appeal to Dr. Sandra Miles at SMiles@flagler.edu within 48 hours of receiving the initial decision.
If you still have questions, please email HealthySaints@flagler.edu.