Courses for Military Spouses
Course Code: MSF102
Access Length: 12 Months
Delivery: Online, Self-Paced
This course prepares students to take the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Online certification exam. This course includes the cost of the exam.
This course will provide an introduction to the concepts and uses of accounting in a business environment. The primary areas of study in this course include analysis of business transactions, recording procedures and the use of ledgers and journals, accounting for sales and purchases, managing cash, payroll, accruals and deferrals, and preparation and analysis of basic financial statements. After completing this course, students will have solid understanding of business and financial accounting and its role in bookkeeping administration.
In this course, you will learn how to use QuickBooks Online plus by completing two monthly accounting cycles. In the first lessons, accounting for selling service items will be covered. In later lessons, both service items and inventory items that are sold will be covered. Preparing payroll and creating a new company will also be included. Prior to taking this course, you should be familiar with the accounting cycle and how it is related to a business. While no prior knowledge of QuickBooks Online is required, it will be beneficial to have an understanding of accounting principles.
The majority of this course will be conducted through drill exercises and related practice activities and quizzes based on the knowledge you have gained through completing each chapter. Be prepared for a thorough, and extensive hands-on experience throughout the journey of completing this QuickBooks course. While the reading requirements are light, each chapter contains a number of drills that you must complete, as well as the practice activities assigned and lesson quiz. This course includes the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Online certification exam.
Students are eligible for a free 365 day copy of Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus from the
Intuit Education Program in order to follow along with the course content.
Upon successful completion of this course bundle, participants will be able to:
- Recognize accounting transactions and record them in journals using proper formats.
- Use accounting software and spreadsheets to input, manage, and interpret information.
- Apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods.
- Record accounting transactions for merchandising operations and understand how to cost inventories using a variety of methods.
- Journalize transactions specific to managing cash and accounts receivable.
- Record transactions for uncollectible accounts.
- Prepare financial statements including income statements, statements of retained earnings, balance sheets and statements of cash flow.
- Create professional and accurate financial documents.
- Navigate QuickBooks Online Plus program
- Create and use a company
- Analyze and record transactions for service and inventory businesses
- Conduct transactions for both customer and vendor requests
- Complete transactions and account for two full monthly business cycles
- Prepare Payroll using QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Create and print business forms and reports
The Bookkeeping Administration course bundle includes the following courses:
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus
Fundamentals of Accounting Curriculum:
Lesson 1: Introduction to Accounting
Lesson 2: Analyzing Business Transactions
Lesson 3: Recording Transactions
Lesson 4: Accounting for Sales and Purchases
Lesson 5: Payroll
Lesson 6: Accruals, Deferrals and the Worksheet
Lesson 7: Financial Statements and Closing Procedures
Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus Curriculum:
Lesson 1: Introduction to QuickBooks Online Plus
Lesson 2: Create a Company
Lesson 3: Sales and Receivables: Service Items
Lesson 4: Payables and Purchases
Lesson 5: General Accounting and End-of-Period Procedures
Lesson 6: Sales and Receivables: Product and Service Items
Lesson 7: Payables, Purchases and Inventory
Lesson 8: General Accounting, End-of-Period Procedures, and Budgets
Lesson 9: Payroll
Lesson 10: Quickbooks Desktop, Mobile and Additional Features
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended for the best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While we understand that our courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, we do not recommend the use of these devices for our courses. The size of these devices do not provide a good learning environment for students taking online or live online based courses.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome is recommended for the best experience.
- Latest Mozilla FireFox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
Basic Software Requirements (These are recommendations of software to use):
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.
If you would like to discuss your options with someone from Adult and Continuing Education, please call (904) 826-8643 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagler College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Master of Arts degrees. Non-degree, non-credit training and development programs are not accredited by SACS Commission on Colleges, and the accreditation of Flagler College does not extend to or include these programs or its students. Flagler College does not accept course work from these programs for credit toward any award.