Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- Cole, Z.D. (2017). Growth and Development of Craft Spirit Tourism: A Fermenting giant? Craft Beverages and Tourism, Volume 1. Palgrave Macmillan: Switzerland. Kline, C. and
- Cole, Z.D. (2017). Craft Cider Tourism…getting to the core of the matter. Craft Beverages and Tourism, Volume 1. Palgrave Macmillan: Switzerland. Buning, R.J., McNamee, J., and
- Cole, Z.D. (2016). Economic impact from event active sport tourism: A portfolio of four variable mountain bike events. Journal of Sport and Tourism.
- Cole, Z.D., Holland, S., and Donohoe, H.M. (2015) Ecosystem services in the coastal zone: A social values typology for comprehensive assessment. Society and Natural Resources, DOI: 10.1080/08941920.2015.1020580.
- Cole, Z.D., Donohoe, H.M., and Stellefson, M.L. (2013). Internet-based Delphi research: A case based discussion. Environmental Management, 51(3), 511-523.
- Cole, Z.D. (2013). Identifying adventure tourism product signatures: A case analysis of guided mountain bike tours. e-Review of Tourism Research.
Zac Cole is an assistant professor and program director of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Flagler College. Dr. Cole’s research interests fall at the interface of tourism, hospitality, and conservation, including analysis of adventure tourism products and their responsible development, hospitality in an increasingly diverse market, and investigation into trends in food and beverage tourism. Dr. Cole is passionate about the classroom and providing experiences that extend beyond. He is excited about the new Hospitality and Tourism Management major at Flagler College and all the benefits that come from being in the birthplace of Florida tourism – St. Augustine.
- PhD – University of Florida (Tourism, Recreation, and Sport Management)
- MS – Arizona State University (Recreation & Tourism Studies)
- BS – University of Florida (Recreation, Parks, & Tourism)
Teaching and Related Service
- HTM 120 Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- HTM 201 Hotel and Guest Services Management
- HTM 205 Food and Beverage Management
- HTM 281/282 Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- HTM 301 Hospitality Revenue Management and Accounting
- HTM 315 Destination Planning and Development
- HTM 430 Tourism, Cultures, and Impacts
- HTM 470 Strategic Hospitality and Tourism Management
- SPM 335 Facilities and Event Management
- SPM 340 Tourism Geography Previous institutions:
- HSS 128 Sustainable Development – Honors
- STH 200 Introduction to Sustainable Development
- STH 201 Corporate Social Responsibility and Change Management
- STH 231 Tourism, Cultures, and Places
- STH 232 Tourism Impacts and Alternatives
- LEI 3120 Introduction to Outdoor Recreation
- LEI 3400 Recreation Program Design
- LEI 3500 Administration of Leisure Services
- LEI 3546 Park Management
- LEI 6513 Administrative Procedures in Leisure Services
Interface of tourism, hospitality, and conservation adventure tourism product development hospitality in an increasingly diverse market food and beverage tourism
Professional Membership: International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education Travel and Tourism Research Association Florida Attractions Association American Distilling Institute International Mountain Bike Association River Management Society Advisory Board Member – Hospitality and Tourism Academy at Nease High School –– Ponte Vedra Beach, FL Faculty Advisor - Pineapple Society - Flagler College student organization focused on spreading hospitality across campus and beyond.
Office Hours (Virtual):
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM