Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Professional Development
- McCann Grant recipient of 25K for Minds-On Hands-On
- Schultz Foundation of Jacksonville Award recipient
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, The Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience
- Numerous presentations on marine bioscience and multiple publications in the biological sciences field
- Extensive SCUBA diving and snorkeling experience in Mexico; Australia’s Great Barrier Reef; Bermuda, the US and British Virgin Islands; the Republic of Panama; the Bahamas; Florida Keys; and Florida freshwater springs.
- Certified AAUS Scientific SCUBA diver, NAUI Rescue diver, PADI Advanced diver
Professor Seron earned her Ph.D. in Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences from the University of Florida and her B.S. in Biological Sciences from the University of Connecticut. She is widely published and is a sought-after lecturer on the topic of carbonic anhydrase. She is a scientific SCUBA diver and holds multiple certifications in diving and underwater science.
Teaching and Related Service
- Life Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Marine Biology
- All associated laboratory courses
Previously taught at:
- University of North Florida