Research, Professional and Creative Activity
• First Year Advisor
• Academic/Research Interest: Curriculum and Program Development
• Member, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
• Member, Florida Foreign Language Association
Professor Insalaca earned his Ph.D. in Educational Systems and Leadership with a specialization in Curriculum and Instruction/ Mathematics from the Union Institute and University; his M.Ed. in Foreign Language Education from the University of Florida; his B.A. in Mathematics and Natural Sciences from Thomas Edison State College; and his B.A. in Spanish/Secondary Education from the University of Florida. In addition, he holds a Professional Educator Certificate from the State of Florida in the fields of Mathematics and Spanish.
Dr. Insalaca has been teaching at Flagler College since Fall 2006. Before coming to Flagler, he taught high school Mathematics and Spanish for nine years.
In addition to teaching mathematics, Professor Insalaca enjoys playing the viola. He is a member of the St. Augustine Orchestra, the Anastasia String Quartet, and is a volunteer in the Strings Alive! program in the local schools.
Teaching and Related Service
• Calculus I and II
• College Algebra
• Intermediate Algebra
• Essentials of Mathematics
• Business Math
• Business Calculus
• Liberal Arts Math I and II
• Tests and Measures in Education
Previously taught at:
• Florida Atlantic University
• Broward Community College
• Pope John Paul II High School
• Cardinal Newman High School
• Newberry High School
• Dixie County High School