Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- Revitalizing "The Rocky Horror Show" Through Gospel Music
- Compositions/Arrangements through Sound Music Publications
- M.F.A. - Musical Theatre, University of Central Florida
- B.M. - Choral Music Education, Central Washington University
Area of Research:
- Preparing and Crafting the Cohesive, yet Contrasting Audition Package
- The 90-second Audition
- Choral Music and Musical Theatre
Kip Taisey joined the faculty at Flagler College fall of 2015 after acting professionally for 10 years, five of which were spent in New York City.
Taisey has toured and worked with numerous theatre companies including, Asolo Repertory Theatre Company, Seaside Music Theatre, Orlando Repertory Theatre, Prather Entertainment Group and The Depot Theatre Company. Taisey has also worked in voice over, television and continues to study his craft by taking classes and performing when possible.
Taisey’s choral training and experience lies in the chamber setting as well as vocal jazz, having studied with and learned from master teachers/practitioners like Dave Barduhn, Vijay Singh, Kirk Marcy and Dr. Karyl Carlson. He has arrangements and compositions published through Sound Music Publications.
He holds an MFA in Musical Theatre from University of Central Florida and a BM in Choral Music Education from Central Washington University.
Teaching and Related Service
- Musical Theatre Scene Study
- Class Voice
- Applied Voice
- Acting I for the Major
- Chamber Choir
- Vocal Jazz
- Flagler College Chorale
- Actors Equity Association (AEA)
- National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS)
- American Choral Directors Association (ACDA)
- Musical Theatre Educators Alliance (MTEA)
- The National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)