Research, Professional and Creative Activity
Krajewski, J.M.T. & Ekdale, B. (2016). Constructing Cholera: CNN iReport, the Haitian cholera epidemic, and the limits of citizen journalism. Journalism Practice, 11(2-3) 229-246. doi:10.1080/17512786.2016.1215252
Krajewski, J.M.T., Schumacher, A.C., & Dalrymple, K.E. (Published online: 02 October 2017). Just turn on the faucet: A content analysis of PSAs about the global water crisis on YouTube. Environmental Communication.
- Ph.D., Mass Communication, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Iowa
- M.P.H., Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa
- B.A., Communication Studies, University of Iowa; Emphasis: Women's Studies; Minor: Art
Area of Research:
Strategic communication for water sustainability and environmental health.
Dr. Krajewski holds a Ph.D. in Mass Communication with an emphasis in Environmental Risk Communication and an M.P.H. in Community and Behavioral Health, both from the University of Iowa. She specializes in research and program development within the nexus of strategic communication, environmental public health, and water sustainability. Dr. Krajewski has worked on several water, sanitation, and hygiene campaigns in India and Haiti. She also has conducted research in rural Iowa related to interpersonal and media influences on sustainable farming practices. Ultimately, she hopes to inspire students to create communication campaigns aimed at improving awareness and changing behaviors for water sustainability, both locally and globally.
Teaching and Related Service
- COM 208 - Introduction to Media
- COM 213 - Media Literacy
- COM 224 - Foundations of Strategic Communication/Public Relations
- COM 359 - Digital Media for Strategic Communication
- COM 440 - Risk and Crisis Communication
- COM 463 - Strategic Communication Campaigns
- Tuesday: 12:15 PM - 2:00 PM
- Thursday: 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM