Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- McNiff, J., Fried, G., & Mahoney, K. (2014, June). Learning sport management. Case Studies in Sport Management, vol. 3, case 5.
- McNiff, J. & Aicher, T. (2017, April). Challenges and opportunities with advising students in e-learning courses. Sport Management Education Journal, 11(1). p. 13-23.
- McNiff, J. (2017). International cases in the business of sport. International Journal of Sport Communication, 10(3).
- Woods, A.D., McNiff, J. & Coleman, L. M. (in press). A comparative analysis: assessing student engagement on African American male student- athletes at NCAA and NAIA institutions. College Student Journal.
- Woods, A.D. & McNiff, J. (accepted). Critical success factors to aid Black male student athletes to persist towards college graduation.
Peer Reviewed Presentations:
- McNiff, J. & Woods, A.D. (2018, February). Classroom Strategies and Innovations to support Student-Athletes Academic Success. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Jacksonville, FL.
- DeMartini, A. & McNiff Villemaire, J., Duarte, B. (2018, February). Does my personality fit? Sport management student personality characteristics. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Jacksonville, FL.
- Woods, A.D. & McNiff, J. (2017, June). Critical success factors to aid student-athletes to persist towards college graduation. Professional Association of Athlete Development Specialists (PAADS). Daytona Beach, FL.
- McNiff Villemaire, J. & DeMartini, A. (2017, February). Student input in rubrics, grading, and decision making. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Tampa, FL.
- DeMartini, A., McNiff Villemaire, J., & Hunter, C. (2017, February). Are internships getting sport management students jobs? Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Tampa, FL.
- McNiff, J. (2016, May). Sport marketing promotional plan rubrics. North American Society for Sport Management Teaching and Learning Fair. Orlando, FL.
- Aicher, T. & McNiff, J. (2015, April). Best practices in online learning for student athletes. College Sport Research Institute Conference (CSRI). Columbia, SC.
- McNiff, J. (2014, May). Expectations for careers in the sports industry by sport management graduates. North American Society for Sport Management Teaching and Learning Fair. Pittsburgh, PA.
- McNiff, J., Aicher, T., & Peterson, D. (2014, April). Online Learning: Challenges and Opportunities. College Sport Research Institute Conference (CSRI). Columbia, SC.
- McNiff, J. (2014, April). Moderator. Athletic Academic Integration Event. Mount Ida College. Newton, MA.
Dr. McNiff Villemaire joined the Flagler College faculty in 2014. She teaches a variety of courses in the Hospitality, Tourism, and Sport Management department. Her primary area of interest is in marketing, communications and social media in the sports industry. Before devoting herself to undergraduate teaching, Dr. McNiff Villemaire worked in marketing for Boston University's Fitness and Recreation Center and for the New England Patriots, New England Revolution and Gillette Stadium. She brings a passion for applied sport management learning strategies to her role as teacher and advisor.
- Ed.D. Boston University Curriculum and Teaching in Coaching and Physical Education Dissertation: An examination of early career experiences among graduates of sport management degree programs
- M.S. University of Nevada, Las Vegas Sport and Leisure Services Management Thesis: Community relations in professional sport as a positive marketing technique
- B.S. Westfield State University Movement Science, Sport and Leisure Studies Concentration: Health and Fitness
Area of Research:
- Sport management pedagogy
- Careers of sport management graduates
- Student athlete academic success
- Applied and experiential sport management
Teaching and Related Service
Classes Taught, Flagler College:
- SPM 120 Introduction to Sport Management
- SPM 260 Administration of Sport
- SPM 270 Sport Marketing,
- Sales and Promotions
- SPM 315 Sport Finance
- SPM 340 Special Topics in Sport Management
- SPM 345 Social Media Marketing in Sport
- SPM 370 Junior Seminar
- SPM 430 Governance and Policy in Sport Organizations
- SPM 470 Senior Seminar
- Advise 30+ undergraduate students on course selection and career prospects
- Serve on Faculty Development and Evaluation committee
- North American Society for Sport Management
- Secretary, Marketing and Communications Committee of the North American Society for Sport Management
- Commission on Sport Management Accreditation
- St. Johns County Recreation Advisory Board member
- Congenital Heart Walk Volunteer
- Monday: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Tuesday: 7:15 AM - 7:45 AM; 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Thursday: 7:15 AM - 7:45 AM; 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Friday: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM