Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- McNiff, J. (2019). Managing sport business: an introduction (2nd edition). International Journal of Sport Communication, 12(2), p. 295-296.
- Woods, A.D., McNiff, J., & Coleman, L. (2018). A Comparative analysis: assessing student engagement on African American male student-athletes at NCAA divisional and NAIA institutions. The Education Journal, 138(4). p. 356-368.
- Woods, A.D. & McNiff, J. (2018). Critical success factors to aid Black male student athletes to persist towards college graduation. Journal of Student Affairs, XVI. p. 57-82.
- McNiff, J. & Aicher, T. (2017, April). Challenges and opportunities with advising students in e-learning courses. Sport Management Education Journal, 11(1). p. 13-23.
- McNiff, J. (2017). International cases in the business of sport. International Journal of Sport Communication, 10(3).
- McNiff, J., Fried, G., & Mahoney, K. (2014, June). Learning sport management. Case Studies in Sport Management, vol. 3, case 5.
- McNiff Villemaire, J. (2021, February). The 2019-2020 Graduates: How have they fared on the job market? Applied Sport Management Association (ASMA) Virtual Conference.
- McNiff Villemaire, J., Solomon, B., & Rivera, D. (2021, February). Where are they now? An examination of early career job placements. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) Virtual Conference.
- McNiff Villemaire, J. & DeMartini, A. (2020, September). Creating opportunities where everyone can succeed: Implementing student choice in the sport management classroom. European Sport Management (EASM) Virtual Conference.
- McNiff, J. (2020, April). Implementing a faculty mentorship program. College Sport Research Institute Conference (CSRI). Columbia, SC. Conference cancelled.
- Zaharia, N. & McNiff, J. (2019, February). Let’s work together: scholarly collaborations between academia and the U.S. Sport Industry. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Atlanta, GA.
- McNiff Villemaire, J. (2018, November). Partnering with academic classes: a benefit to Rec Center and Students. Collegiate Marketing Institute presented by National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA). New Orleans, LA.
- McNiff Villemaire, J. & DeMartini, A. (2018, August). Use student choice to increase engagement. Webinar presented to Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- McNiff, J. & Woods, A.D. (2018, February). Classroom Strategies and Innovations to support Student-Athletes Academic Success. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Jacksonville, FL.
- DeMartini, A. & McNiff Villemaire, J., Duarte, B. (2018, February). Does my personality fit? Sport management student personality characteristics. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Jacksonville, FL.
- Woods, A.D. & McNiff, J. (2017, June). Critical success factors to aid student-athletes to persist towards college graduation. Professional Association of Athlete Development Specialists (PAADS). Daytona Beach, FL.
- McNiff Villemaire, J. & DeMartini, A. (2017, February). Student input in rubrics, grading, and decision making. Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Tampa, FL.
- DeMartini, A., McNiff Villemaire, J., & Hunter, C. (2017, February). Are internships getting sport management students jobs? Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Tampa, FL.
Dr. McNiff Villemaire joined the Flagler College faculty in 2014. She teaches a variety of courses in the Hospitality, Tourism, and Sport Management department. Her primary area of interest is in marketing, communications and social media in the sports industry. Before devoting herself to undergraduate teaching, Dr. McNiff Villemaire worked in marketing for Boston University's Fitness and Recreation Center and for the New England Patriots, New England Revolution and Gillette Stadium. She brings a passion for applied sport management learning strategies to her role as teacher and advisor.
- Ed.D. Boston University Curriculum and Teaching in Coaching and Physical Education Dissertation: An examination of early career experiences among graduates of sport management degree programs
- M.S. University of Nevada, Las Vegas Sport and Leisure Services Management Thesis: Community relations in professional sport as a positive marketing technique
- B.S. Westfield State University Movement Science, Sport and Leisure Studies Concentration: Health and Fitness
Area of Research:
- Sport management pedagogy
- Careers of sport management graduates
- Student athlete academic success
- Applied and experiential sport management
- North American Society for Sport Management
- Secretary, Marketing and Communications Committee of the North American Society for Sport Management
- Commission on Sport Management Accreditation