Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- Invited by Microsoft to present a paper titled “Incorporating Microsoft Technologies into Management Information Systems Curriculum at a Contemporary Liberal Arts College” at the Microsoft Academic Conference for Higher Education, Microsoft Campus, Redmond, Washington, June 19-21, 2017.
- “Leveraging the Power of XML in Large eForm Processing” In proceedings of the International Conference for Engineering and Technology, Barcelona, Spain, May 23-26, 2016.
- “Incorporating Native Mobile App Development in an IS Curriculum” In proceedings of the International Conference for Technology and Science, Brussels, Belgium, July 2015.
- “A Practical Database Approach to Smart RSS News Syndication” In proceedings of the Euro-American Conference for Academic Disciplines, Anglo-American University, Prague, Czech Republic, June 2014.
- “Critical Success Factors (CSF) For E-Commerce In China” In proceedings of the International Journal of Arts and Sciences' (IJAS) Conference, Harvard University campus, Boston, May 2013.
- Held a half-day workshop titled “Using Open Source Technologies to Design Web 2.0 Applications” at the 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), which is the premier conference for academics and practitioners specializing in information systems. My workshop exemplified the AMCIS 2012 theme of “Designing the Digital Future” and was selected as one of the six workshops offered at the conference, Seattle, August 2012.
- “Penny Auction – A Viable E-Commerce Business Model?” In proceedings of the Academic and Business Research Institute (AABRI) 2011 Conference, Las Vegas, October 2011.
- “Developing an Integrated Academic E-Community Website: A Case Study of the BEConnect Project” In proceedings of Academic and Business Research Institute (AABRI) Conference, Orlando, September 2010.
- “Building Social Networking Sites (SNS) on Open Source Platforms”, published in The Business Review Cambridge (ISSN 1553 – 5827) The Global Management & Information Technology Research Conference, New York, May 2009.
- “A Global Chinese Virtual Community on Web2.0 Paradigm – The hDreams.com Community Project” In proceedings of the International Business & Economics Research Conference, Los Angeles, June 2008.
- “Web2.0 Localization: A Comparative Study on Leading American and Chinese Companies” In proceedings of the International Conference on Business and Information, Tokyo, Japan, July 2007.
- “e-Revolutionize the Classroom: Building a Paperless Classroom with the best of Two Worlds”, published in the Journal of Instructional Pedagogies, sponsored by the Academic and Business Research Institute (AABRI); in proceedings of the 6th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Business, Hawaii, May 2006.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) with a concentration in MIS – Ohio University, 1998.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics (B.A.) – Marietta College, 1996
Area of Research:
- Commercial website development
- Web2.0 technologies
- Mobile platforms
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Jeremy Fei Wang is an Associate Professor of Management Information Systems (MIS) at Flagler College, with 18 years of diverse experience in higher education and information technology & management consulting. Before starting his academic career in 2004 at his alma mater Marietta College, he was a Senior Consultant with Cap Gemini Ernst & Young (CGEY), one of the world's largest management and IT consulting firms. As a senior Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP+MCSD+MCAD) and Principal Certified IBM/Lotus Professional (PCLP), he worked with various client companies in this position, including Procter and Gamble International (P&G), General Electric (GE), Schneider Industry, Standard Register, Provident Bank, etc. He led a worldwide global design team in the P&G eForm project and conducted an intensive application development and maintenance training course in Brussels, Belgium. Before joining Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, he was an information technology consultant with Meritage Technologies in Cleveland where he developed Meritage's business in the area of business collaboration, knowledge management and e-learning. Prof. Wang has developed and taught a variety of contemporary management information systems courses which featured a combination of lectures, case studies, and hands-on lab sessions that help students develop technical and problem-solving skills and learn how to apply academic theories to address real-world problems. His expertise and research interests are in the areas of e-commerce, commercial website development, Web2.0 technologies, mobile platforms, enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and Artificial Intelligence (AI). He brings the real world into the classroom through his diverse consulting experiences in consumer products, E-Commerce, software, medical, educational, manufacturing and financial industries. Prof. Wang has presented papers nationally and internationally and published in the field of management information systems. He is also an honorary guest professor at University of International Relations (UIR), Chengdu Normal University (CNU) and the E-Commerce School of the Southwestern University of Finance & Economics (SWUFE) in China. As the Director of the China Program,
Prof. Wang is vested with the leadership to establish and expand Flagler’s presence in China by proactively building local partnerships, recruitment pipelines, digital channels, support capabilities for student families, and managing public relations in China.
Teaching and Related Service
- Data Management for Business
- Introduction to Management Information Systems
- Business Application Programming
- Commercial Website Development
- Enterprise Systems and ERP
- E-Commerce and E-Business
- Information Systems Security
- Web-Based Business Application Development
- Information Systems Consulting Capstone
- Computing For Business
- iPhone/iPad Application Development, through the Apple University Developer Program
- Information Technology and Globalization, a First Year Experience (FYE) Course
- Member of the Association of Information Systems (AIS)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Certified IBM Lotus Professional (CLP), R5 Principal CLP and R4 Principal CLP
- Honored Guest Professor, University of International Relations (UIR), Beijing, China.
- Honored Guest Professor, Chengdu Normal University, Chengdu, China.
- Honored Guest Professor, Southwestern University of Finance & Economics, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
- Two times Cap Gemini Ernst & Young's "Consultant of the Month" award.
- Cap Gemini Ernst & Young’s “Ace Award”, only awarded to the top 3% consultants globally.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, the highest honor for business students, Ohio University.
- Omicron Delta Epsilon, awarded by the International Honor Society in Economics for highest scholastic achievement.
- Monday: 3:30PM - 5:00PM
- Tuesday: 2:30PM - 5:00PM
- Wednesday: 3:30PM - 5:00PM
- Thursday: 2:30PM - 5:00PM
- Friday: By appointment