Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Institute for Information Literacy, 2006-07, 2009; "Information Literacy Program," "Teacher," and "Intentional Teacher" programs.
- Author of Gossiping Jesus: The Oral Processing of Jesus in John’s Gospel, Pickwick Publications, 2013.
- Presently serving as Professor of Old Testament for the Ministry Formation Program of the Diocese of St. Augustine, Florida.
- Member, New Testament Society of Southern Africa
- Member, Society of Biblical Literature
- Member, Catholic Biblical Association
- Member, Association of College & Research Libraries
Jack received the degree of Doctor of Theology (DTh) in New Testament from the University of South Africa, both the ThM and MA in Theology from Columbia Theological Seminary, an MS in Library and Information Studies from Florida State University, and his BA in Philosophy-Religion from Flagler College.
As a librarian, Professor Daniels is particularly interested in the intersection between Teaching & Learning and Youth Culture. As a biblical scholar, Daniels specializes in reading the Judeo-Christian scriptures through the lenses of the social sciences and cultural anthropology.
Teaching and Related Service
- Library Research
- Religions of the World
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- New Testament Greek Grammar and Exegesis
- The Four Gospels
- The Letters of Paul
- Jesus the Christ
- Jewish Wisdom Literature
- Introduction to Philosophy
More than anything else, Jack enjoys surfing in the Mother Ocean with his wife, Marcia.