Research, Professional and Creative Activity
Publications and Conference Presentations:
- Honorable Mention for short story “End of the Road” published in Journey’s End: Anthology of Poetry and Short Stories.
- Honorable Mention for “Signs,” selected by the editors of Footprints: Memories That Last a Lifetime, Anthology of Prose and Poetry Edition for 2006.
- “Too Many Things Wrong.” Journey’s End: Anthology of Poetry and Short Stories. Welaka: Two Friends, 2010.
- “The Forgotten Girl.” Journey’s End: Anthology of Poetry and Short Stories. Welaka: Two Friends, 2010.
- “Signs.” Best of Friends. Ed. Sharon E. Cobb and Shirley Drake Jordan. Florida: Two Friends Publishing, 2007.
- “Trading Places: Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother—Role Reversal Indeed?” Popular Culture Association Conference, Atlantic Beach, FL, October 2005.
Professional Organizations and Certificates:
- Certified Florida Teacher in Secondary English
- Writing Program Administrators (WPA)
- The International Women’s Writing Guild
- Romance Writers of America
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
Academic Organizations (current and former):
- English Graduate Organization (University of North Florida)
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society (Flagler College: former co-sponsor & current member)
- Sigma Tau Delta (Flagler College: former co-sponsor & current member)
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (SJRCC: former public relations officer & member)
- Future Florida Educators of America (SJRCC: former secretary & treasurer & member)
Awards and Honors:
- Flagler College Service Award Recipient for 2008-2009 academic year.
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers (multi-year)
- Who’s Who in America: Marquis 60th Diamond Edition
- Summa cum laude (Flagler College)
- Award for Academic Excellence from the English Department (Flagler College)
- Award for Academic Excellence from the Education Department (Flagler College)
- Who’s Who in American Colleges & Universities (multi-year)
- USAA Collegiate All-American National Scholar
- Other various awards for academic achievement and military service
Professor St. Clair, a United States Air Force veteran, earned her M.A. in English from the University of North Florida and her B.A. in English and Secondary English from Flagler College. She is a published poet and author, and her commitment to teaching English and literature is exemplified in a wide range of educational service initiatives and curriculum development projects in connection with writing, composition courses, keystone, and learning communities. In addition, she belongs to several professional writing and teaching organizations, holds a certificate of teaching for the state of Florida, and has received several honors and awards for teaching and scholarship. Professor St. Clair served as the Director of Composition for eight years.
Teaching and Related Service
- Advanced Expository Writing
- Advanced Academic Writing
- Native American Myths and Legends
- Native American Legends and Literature
- Florida Writers and Folktales
- Murder and Madness in Literature and Film
- Methods of Teaching English
- Survey of American Literature I
- Survey of American Literature II
- Research Topics in College Writing
- Introduction to Short Story Writing
- The Art of Nonfiction
- Keystone Seminar I
- Introduction to College Writing
- Topics in College Writing
- Writing Young Adult Fiction
- Dystopian & Post-Apocalyptic Film
Previously taught at:
- St. Johns River Community College
- University of North Florida
- Monday: 12:50PM - 2:00PM, 3:15PM - 5:15PM
- Wednesday: 12:50PM - 2:00PM, 3:15PM - 5:15PM
- Friday: 12:50PM - 2:30PM