Research, Professional and Creative Activity
- Rippé, C.B., Martinson, B., and Dubinsky, A. (2017). Using DISC® to facilitate instruction of adaptive selling. Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education. 25(2), 14-24.
- Rippé, C.B., Weisfeld-Spolter, S., Yurova, Y., Dubinsky, A., and Hale, D. (2017). Under the sway of the mobile device during the in-store shopping experience. Psychology & Marketing. 34, 733-752. doi: 10.1002/mar.21019
- Rippé, C.B and Campbell, K. (2017). The sales process as a framework for witnessing. The Journal of Biblical Integration in Business. 20, 1, 57-67.
- Yurova, Y., Rippé, C.B., Weisfeld-Spolter, S., Sussan, F., and Arndt, A. (2017). Not all adaptive selling to omni-channel consumers is influential: The moderating effect of product type. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 34, 271-277. doi: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2016.01.009
- Rippé, C.B., Weisfeld-Spolter, S., Dubinsky, A., Arndt, A. and Thakar, M. (2016). Selling in an asymmetric retail world: Perspectives from India, Russia, and the US on buyer-seller information differential, perceived adaptive selling, and purchase intention. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management. 36, 344-362. doi: 10.1108/JCM-09-2015-1546.
- Rippé, C.B., Weisfeld-Spolter, S., Yurova, Y., and Hale, D., and Sussan, F. (2016). Guiding when the consumer is in control: The moderating effect of adaptive selling on the purchase intention of the multichannel consumer. Journal of Consumer Marketing. 33 (6), 469-478. doi: 10.1108/JCM-09-2015-1546.
- Rippé, C.B., Weisfeld-Spolter, S., Cummins, S., and Dastoor, B. (2016). TONS: A guide to teaching on-line sales courses. Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education. 24 (1), 1-7.
- Rippé, C.B. (2015). Show and sell: Teaching sales through hands-on selling. Marketing Education Review. 25 (1), 15-19. doi: 10.1080/10528008.2015.999595.
- Rippé, C.B., Weisfeld-Spolter, S., and Yurova, Y. (2015). Is there a global multichannel consumer? International Marketing Review. 32 (3-4), 329-349. doi: 10.1108/IMR-10-2013-0225.
- Weisfeld-Spolter, S., Rippé, C.B., and Gould, S. (2015). Impact of giving on self and impact of self on giving. Psychology & Marketing. 32(1), 1-14. doi: 10.1002/mar.20760.
Cindy B. Rippé, D.B.A is an Assistant Professor at Flagler College. The common thread of her professional, teaching, and research experience is her passion for sales and marketing. She enjoys teaching sales and marketing because students become empowered by marketing techniques and simultaneously learn to market themselves. She has been recognized as finalists and a winner in several teaching innovation competitions from Society of Marketing Advances, Marketing Management Association, and University Sales Center Alliance/National Conference on Sales Management. Her research has been published in Psychology & Marketing, International Marketing Review, Journal of Consumer Marketing, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, Marketing Education Review, Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, and others. Prior to her teaching career, Dr. Rippé managed sales employees and sold products/services winning several national and regional sales awards from various companies.
Teaching and Related Service
Doctorate of Business Administration in Marketing
Nova Southeastern University (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) Huizenga College of Business
Master of Business Administration Marketing Specialty
Millsaps College (Jackson, MS) Graduate Business School
Bachelor of Science in Advertising
University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) College of Communications
Area of Research:
- Omni-channel consumer and the salesperson
- Salesperson’s influence on the customer across cultures
- Consumer behavior in purchasing decisions in today's high-tech environment
- Teaching pedagogy
- Advanced Selling Techniques
- Selling Principles Methods
- Principles of Advertising
- Principles of Marketing
Award and Recogonitions:
Recipient of “Engaged Faculty Award” at Tarleton State University, College of Business Administration
2015- 2016. Award given in recognition of engaged scholarship and leadership.
Teaching Innovation Finalist for “TASKED with Teaching Adptive Selling Skills” for the 2016
AxcessCapon-Marketing Management Association Teaching Innovation Competition.
Teaching Innovation Finalist for “Teaching Students how to Adaptively Sell through DISC” for the
2016 Cengage Pride/Ferrell Innovative Teacher Competition
Best Paper in Track (Selling, HR, and Services) and Nominee for Best Paper in Conference. Yurova, Y.,
Rippé, C.B., Weisfeld-Spolter, S., and Sussan, F. (2015). “Not all Adaptive Selling to
Multichannel Consumers is Influential: The moderating effect of product type and consumer
planned behavior.” AMA Association for Consumer Research Conference. March 2015.
Teaching Innovation Finalist for “Curricular Reach Across Formats for Teaching Sales: Crafting a
model of instruction” for the September 2014 AxcessCapon-Marketing Management Association
Teaching Innovation Competition.
Teaching Innovation Award Winner for “Framework for Teaching Sales Online,” University Sales
Center Alliance/National Conference on Sales Management. April 2014.
Teaching Award Winner, “Outstanding Commitment to Students and Passion for Teaching.” ERAU Delta Chi, April 2014
Finalist for “Best Sales Teaching.” Sales Educator’s Academy, May 2012.
Recipient of “Distinguished Instructor” and “Exemplar” Ratings at Bryant and Stratton College, 2006 – 2013
Professional Industry Honors
- Top producer (2001); # 2 New Rep. in Region @ 170% quota (2000) for Lexis Nexis
- #1 National Specialty Rep (257% of quota); Rookie of Year (1998) for Westlaw
- Rated # 1 representative in area and # 2 in district for ConAgra (1996-1997)
- Salesperson of the Month, (10/95 and 12/95) for The Clarion-Ledger
- Monday: 7:40AM - 8:50AM, 10:00AM - 10:50AM, 1:00PM - 2:00PM
- Tuesday: 6:20AM - 7:20AM
- Wednesday: 7:40AM - 8:50AM, 10:00AM - 10:50AM
- Friday: 7:40AM - 8:50AM, 10:00AM - 10:50AM