Your go-to guide for campus living
May 26, 2023
You have questions about on-campus living? We have answers!
From easy access to campus resources and exciting new amenities at your fingertips, to creating lifelong friendships, choosing Flagler housing is the quickest way to immerse yourself in our vibrant college community.
Check out this guide of resources for a sneak peak of your on-campus experience:
As of 2023, there are six Flagler residence halls for students to live in during their four years at Flagler.
Freshman | Cedar, Lewis, and Ponce Halls
Sophomores | FEC Towers, and Abare Hall
Juniors & Seniors | Sebastian House (new to Flagler!)
Recently, the College has prioritized facility upgrades as a key initiative of its 5-Star Plan.
This includes major renovations to Ponce Hall’s historic residential wings and enhancements to Lewis and Cedar Halls. In addition to a new air conditioning system and overhauled Wi-Fi network with fiber optic cabling, the Ponce laundry and bathroom spaces as well as common areas like the Mezzanine are being renovated and re-furnished.
Lewis and Cedar Halls have also been upgraded with modernized rooms, flooring, and new furniture, along with additional common and study areas, kitchen spaces, and laundry rooms.
Flagler added its newest residence hall this spring with the purchase of a St. Augustine riverfront hotel now known as Sebastian House. The 95-room property near the entrance to downtown is less than a mile east of campus, just a 10-minute walk. Sebastian House will also include a Provisions on Demand (P.O.D.), a gym, a pool, and more than 100 parking spaces. There is also a continuously running shuttle to bring students back and forth from campus.
Based on feedback from students, faculty and staff about eating on campus, Flagler College Dining Services is excited to roll out several new changes this fall ranging from more vegetarian options, major dining facilities changes, and partnering with local food and beverage businesses.
- Kookaburra Coffee | This local favorite around St. Augustine will now be the official coffee served in both the D-Hall, as well as The Bistro’s coffee bar in Ringhaver Students Center.
- Fresh from Florida Fridays | Dining Services will add more locally sourced and fresh produce through Fresh from Florida Fridays, as well as partnering with Traders Hill Farm and The Villages Grown.
- “Local Restaurant Row” at the D-Hall | This section will feature items from local food trucks Big Island Bowls and The Little Sombrero. Boar’s Head deli offerings will also move to the D-Hall for sandwich options.
- Coming Spring '24: Bento Sushi | which offers sushi products and hot Asian foods made fresh, on-site daily, will move into the Boar’s Head deli section of The Bistro to offer quick meals and grab & go options.
For more information about current dining services on campus, visit the Dining on Campus webpage.
When you sign up for housing on Flagler’s campus, you get the complete package! There’s no need to worry about furnishing a new apartment, squaring away your renter’s utilities and services, or finding ways to make your new home entertaining.
Flagler provides each student in on-campus housing with the following amenities:
- Free laundry with live web access showing available machines
- Beds (twin-sized XL for all halls except the Sebastian House. The Sebastian House features queen or king-sized beds)
- Closet/wardrobe, and dresser for each student
- Desk and chair for each student
- Micro-fridge and microwave
- Cable TV hookup- learn more
Living on campus also comes with a list of perks and centralized amenities:
- 24/7 security
- Common areas with flat-screen TVs
- Campus-wide Wi-Fi and tech support are available
- Swimming pool with lounge areas (one at the West Lawn and one at the Sebastian House)
- Recreation area featuring pool, air hockey, and video games- Ringhaver Student Center
- Computer labs with print stations- learn more & find print stations
- Access to an all-student Fitness Center and sand volleyball court
As a Saint living on campus, you’ll be given support from all levels.
The Office of Residence Life is a robust network of Flagler College staff and students committed to ensuring your time living on campus is safe, full of community-building, and memorable. Within this office are the Director of Residential and Integrated Student Experience, the Assistant Director of Housing Operations, the Community Coordinator, and the student Residential Advisors. Learn more about how each of these roles support you here.
In addition to this team, there are staff of Flagler College Security officers who are active 24/7 in and near each residence hall and across campus.
Flagler’s Living Learning Communities (LLC)
ASL Zone LLC | Flourish your American Sign Language skills in this culturally, and linguistically immersive environment. Hearing students, and all members of the Deaf community are welcome.
- Interested students should contact the ASL Zone at ASLZone@flagler.edu for more information.
Honors LLC | The Honors LLC provides a space for students in the program to further connect and delve into the curriculum. This will be a space of academic and personal support with specialized activities incorporated.
- Interested honors students can follow @flaglercollegehonors for more information or contact the honors college at email@example.com.
Internacia LLC (ILLC) | Cultural readiness is imperative for students interested in global events and cultural exchange. ILLC is a great fit for students with a passion for studying foreign languages and those who plan to study abroad/ away. The ILLC will pair domestic and international students based on majors, career aspirations, language-learning interests, and commonalities in their prospective education abroad destinations.
- Interested students should Ashley Simmons Coffey, director of the International Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Saints Alliance LLC | This LLC is for members of the Saints Alliance Peer mentoring program including first year student mentees and upper-class mentors. The objective of the Saints Alliance LLC is to create a community of support and acceptance where students feel celebrated in their identities. In turn, this LLC aims to develop a sense of belonging at Flagler College.
- Interested students should contact email@example.com or residence firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.