Trustees meet, approve faculty promotions among other items
Feb 26, 2021
From February 16-19, Flagler College’s Board of Trustees met virtually for their annual winter meeting series. During this period, all divisions from across the campus report on the previous months’ progress since October, when the Board meets for its fall meeting.
Reporting Divisions include:
- Office of the President
- Division of Academic Affairs
- Department of Athletics
- Division of Business Services
- Division of Enrollment Management
- Office of Human Resources
- Division of Institutional Advancement
- Division of Marketing and Communications
- Division of Student Affairs
Some highlights have emerged from among the reports. Division of Institutional Advancement indicated a strong fundraising year despite the global pandemic, with figures indicating generous giving going into 2021 as well.
Department of Athletics relayed a well-controlled environment that saw fewer COVID-19 cases than average campuses’ athletics as well as yet another winning season including the awarding of the Peach Belt Conference Championship in Women’s Cross Country for the third straight year. The Board also approved moving forward with the Lacrosse field.
Division of Enrollment Management announced a favorable outlook for the upcoming 2021-2022 academic year with increases year-over-year in applications, acceptances and deposits.
A final highlight from the reports includes the Division of Student Affairs which outlined an astounding staff effort to engage our students during difficult pandemic restrictions. Despite these restrictions the division staff were able to host 498 sponsored or co-sponsored events totaling over 4,336 individual interactions with students.
Academic Affairs nominated the following faculty for promotion, with the Trustees having approved all:
- Laura Mongiovi to Professor of Art
- Jessica Veenstra to Professor of Natural Sciences
- Anna Burnley (FCT) to Associate Professor of Education
- Eugenia Charoni to Associate Professor of Romance Languages
- Tracey Eaton to Associate Professor of Communication
- Jessica Howell to Associate Professor of History Design
- Natalie Stephenson to Associate Professor of Graphic Design
- Kip Taisey to Associate Professor of Theater Arts