Resources for Students
As we navigate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, we remain dedicated to providing a transformative learning environment for our students.
- Daily Check-in: Expect to check your email and Canvas courses daily. Reading announcements and other notifications are crucial to having a successful online experience.
- Time: Expect to spend as much time, if not more time, engaging with your class commitments.
- Synchronous Options: Take advantage of any online office hours offered by instructors.
- Communicate: Take the time to promptly communicate via Canvas or email with your professors or classmates if you have questions.
- Ask for feedback or clarification.
- Consider phone communications.
- See Tips for effective communication.
Support: Before spending too much time on tasks, be sure to reach out for assistance. Canvas Support is available 24/7 via the Help tab in Canvas.Back To Top
- Review the Canvas Student Orientation course for access to tutorials and videos on using Canvas
- Ensure you are getting instructor notifications and announcements by checking your notification preferences in Canvas.
- Download the Canvas Student App on your mobile device (iOS and Android)
- Communicate with your instructor promptly if you need accommodations in terms of due dates, quiz times, or accessibility concerns
- If you have an issue or concern with Canvas, consider the following resources:
- Canvas Student Guide - detailed help pages
Canvas Support – click "Help" in Canvas' left-hand navigationBack To Top
- Need to contact your professor? Contact your instructors via Flagler College email or the Canvas inbox
- Ask your instructors what remote access options they are offering for your courses
- Find out what expectations your instructors have for class participation in an online setting
If you do not have access to the required technology, let your instructor know immediately.Back To Top
We know that the transition to online learning can be challenging, which is why the LRC is now offering tutoring to help you navigate this new reality. Starting today, you can schedule online appointments with tutors for assistance in the following areas:
- Using MS Word and PowerPoint (Academic Success Center)
- Managing stress and anxiety (Academic Success Tutors)
- Navigating and using Canvas (Academic Success Center)
- Using Excel and other number-crunching programs (Math & Business Lab and Science Learning Lab)
- Using MyMathLab or StatCrunch (Math & Business Lab)
To make an appointment with a tutor in any of these areas:
- Navigate to https://www.flagler.edu/LRC.
- Click the “Make an appointment with a tutor” button at the top of the page.
- Enter TutorTrac to make the appointment, using the guide above to find the relevant lab (Academic Success, Math & Business, or Science).
- Select the course for which you are seeking help.
- Select one of the following reasons from the “reasons” menu:
- Software help, Microsoft – Help with Excel, Microsoft – Help with PowerPoint, Microsoft – Help with Word, MyMathLab, Anxiety, Stress Management
LRC appointments will take place on Zoom, and your appointment confirmation email will have instructions for how you should prepare for your meeting with the tutor.Back To Top
The CACE office will be open throughout the summer for assistance, and advisors are available for remote meetings via a variety of methods. Students assigned to a CACE advisor should email their advisor to schedule a meeting. Upper-level students not assigned to a CACE advisor who needs help can email CACE@flagler.edu
Change of major or minor requests can be submitted at this link. Students will receive an email confirmation once it is processed.Back To Top
Student Life Success
We're all likely experiencing some emotional discomfort during this time. Grief at losing out on experiences, frustration, uncertainty—all are normal reactions at this time. The situation is new and unpredictable! And the College's precautionary change to remote learning represents a significant change for us all. So how do we stay emotionally well during these times, when we're separated from friends and our college "home"?
Here are some tips from our Counseling Services team.
Emotional Wellness Tips
Back To Top
The Career Development Center is here to help you with your planning for the future. This includes 1-on-1 appointments on navigating the job and internship market, deciding and preparing for graduate school, and discussing career goals.
To make an appointment and view any event connecting with employers, we invite you to visit:Back To Top
We are committed to the well-being of student residents and are adhering to strict CDC guidelines. More information on our student return to campus will be published this summer.Back To Top