COVID-19 has a wide range of symptoms. One or more of these symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
These symptoms are:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have symptoms or think you were exposed, stay home, and call our Health Services @904-819-6211 for guidance. Do not come to the clinic.
Read about COVID-19 Symptoms at the Florida Department of Health web site.Back To Top
If you are sick, have symptoms or suspect you are infected with COVID-19, you should:
- Record your symptoms in the Healthy Saints+ App.
- Students should contact our Health Services at 904-819-6211 with any questions regarding health support services. Employees are directed to continue to consult with their primary care phyician.
- Stay home. Do not come to work or school. People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home except for getting medical care. If you have a medical appointment, call the health care provider ahead of time and tell them that you have or may have COVID-19
- Stay away from others as much as possible, stay in your room and away from other people in your home, do not share household items, use a separate bathroom if possible
- Wear your face mask at all times, practice social distancing and maintain good hygiene practices. Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently.
- Monitor your symptoms and seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening or you have difficulty breathing
- Call 911 if you have a medical emergency
If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for the Coronavirus, you should:
- Record your contact or exposure in the Saints Health+ app.
- Email HealthySaints@flagler.edu to report the contact or exposure.
- Quarantine is 14 days from date of contact. We recommend you get a PCR test on day six after exposure. If the PCR test is negative, quarantine can end after day seven. Symptoms must be monitored until day 14.
- If you test positive, you must isolate for 10 days from the test date or the onset of symptoms.
For any questions relating to COVID testing, please contact Health Services at 904-819-6211.
Back To Top
Yes. Counseling Center services are being offered by phone or Microsoft Teams Video or Audo for on- and off-campus students, in the state of Florida.
A consultation may be offered, for out-of-state students, to help secure counseling support in their area.
Please phone us at 904-819-6305 or email email@example.com for an appointment.
If you are experiencing a psychological emergency call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room which is at Flagler Hospital.Back To Top
Students and employees are required to complete a daily health assessement before coming to campus through the Saints Health+ app. Recording any symptoms, exposure, travel or testing.
Employees who exhibit symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 must remain off campus and work with their supervisor and Divisional Leader in coordination with the Office of Human Resources to develop a plan based on the number days required to self-isolate away from campus and the appropriate documentation needed to return to work. If necessary, the College will direct such employees to leave the campus immediatly and not return until sufficient time and or sufficient document is received by the Office of Human Resources demonstrating the employee may safely return to work and is not a threat to himself/herself or others.
Students who exhibit symptoms or test positive for COVID must quarantine or isolate and work with Health Services and the COVID-19 Coordinator to develop a plan based on the number of days required to isolate or quarantine.
If you test positive for COVID-19 the isolation period is 10 days from test date or onset of symptoms.
If you have symptoms, quarantine is required until a PCR test with a negative result is received.Back To Top
Consistant with the Health Saints Pledge, everyone on campus must wear a mask, except while eating, and practice social distancing at all times and in all locations unless they are in their own private space.
If you observe behaviours inconsistent with the pledge, it is okay to provide a gentle reminder or you can report them anonymously here.
Safety of the campus is the responsibility of everyone.Back To Top