Skip to Main content
Study Abroad Myanmar

Frequently Asked Questions

Various information for incoming International Students can be found below.



Why a degree from Flagler?

Flagler is a student-focused institution. In addition to equipping students with the skills they need to become responsible citizens and valuable members of the community, Flagler’s programs assist students in preparing for graduate school as well as for careers in diverse sectors of the job force.

What majors are offered at Flagler?

We offer 33 majors, 41 minors, and 1 master's program. See a full list of our Departments & Programs.

Can I study part-time?

No, U.S. immigration law requires that all international students on F-1 and J-1 student visas must maintain full-time enrollment. To be considered full time, undergraduate students must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits per semester. Graduate students must be registered for a minimum of 9 credits per semester to be considered full time.


Back To Top
Eligibility and Admissions

How do I apply?

Please visit our International Applicants page for more information about applying to Flagler College.

How much does Flagler College cost?

Please visit Flagler College’s Tuition & Fees page to see our most up-to-date cost of attendance.

Are there any important deadlines I need to remember?

Please visit our How to Apply page for more information regarding important dates and our decision plans.

Other Admissions questions?

Please contact Flagler College’s Admissions Counselor for International Student Services & Enrollment if you have any other admissions-specific questions.

I’ve sent my application, what next?

You will need to wait to hear back from Flagler College’s Admission Department to see if you have been admitted to the College. If admitted, the FCIC will be in touch about immigration requirements.


Back To Top
General Information

What is the Flagler College International Center?

A dedicated office for Study Abroad and International Student The FCIC offers a wide variety of resources and programs to international students at Flagler College. The FCIC staff provides information and programs to international students about the college’s campus and community, in addition to providing support concerning visas and related immigration issues to F-1 and J-1 students and scholars. Our goal is to provide students and scholars with exceptional service so that they may have an unforgettable experience on our campus.

Who is an international student?

While there are many types of visas available to individuals wishing to study in the United States, the FCIC works specifically with students who require an F-1 or J-1 visa to study in the United States.

Where is Flagler College?

St. Augustine, Florida! Located in the northeastern corner of Florida, St. Augustine is the oldest continuously inhabited European establishment in the continental United States.

How can I stay connected with the FCIC?

Follow us on our social media!


Back To Top

What is a student visa?

A travel document you receive from a U.S. consulate or embassy in order to enter the United States for the purpose of studying.

How do I get a student visa?

After receiving a Form I-20 (F-1) or Form DS-2109 (J-1), students must apply for a student visa through a U.S. consulate or embassy.

What is a Form I-20 or a Form DS-2019?

A document issued to accepted international students by the FCIC indicating a student's primary purpose for coming to the United States. Students will use their Form I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) to apply for a student visa through a U.S. consulate or embassy.

How do I get a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019?

Students will receive their Form I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) after receiving their notice of admittance to Flagler College, and once the FCIC has received their Affidavit of Financial Support.

What is an Affidavit of Financial Support?

Proof of funds that a student, or a sponsor, are able to pay for their Flagler College experience.

Do I need Health Insurance?

Yes, all international first year and transfer students and exchange students are required to have health insurance before they begin studying at Flagler College. Please note there are different requirements for different visa types. The FCIC encourages students to reach out to an International Student Advisor with any insurance related questions.

Can I work while at Flagler College?

Yes, international students are permitted to work on-campus, part-time (less than 20 hours) while classes are in session.

Back To Top
On-Campus Living and St. Augustine

Do I need to attend orientation?

All new students (incoming freshman and transfer students) must attend an orientation prior to the start of their program. Additionally, all international freshmen and international transfer students (F-1) and exchange students (J-1) must attend an immigration-focused orientation.

How many international students are at Flagler College?

International students make up 5% of Flagler College’s total student body.

What are my on-campus housing options?

As an international student, you will have the opportunity to live in one of Flagler College’s five residence halls. Learn more about Flagler’s exciting on-campus housing options by visiting our Residence Hall pages.

Is there on-campus dining for Flagler students?

Yes, Flagler College has three different dining locations (Dining Hall, P.O.D Market, and Jay’s Place) offering a variety of food options from 7:00 am – 11:00 pm. More information regarding on-campus meals can be found on our Dining Services

What type of services are offered to Flagler students?

Flagler College has a robust Student Services Department with staff who are dedicated to helping make your student experience the best possible. Student Affairs is comprised of several offices such as career development, health services, intramural sports, residence life, and student activities.

What about international student-specific services?

The FCIC has a dedicated team of staff members and student guides to help international students navigate their college experience.

Are athletics programs offered?

Yes, Flagler College offers NCAA Division II athletics for interested student-athletes. Currently, we have 16 teams across men and women sports; 10 of which have international student-athlete representation.

St. Augustine community

Flagler College has the privilege of being located in the downtown area of the vibrant St. Augustine community. Due to its historical significance, St. Augustine is commonly referred to as the “ancient city”. St. Augustine is home to some of the United States oldest standing structures such as the oldest wooden schoolhouse, the oldest modern wax museum, and the Castillo de San Marcos Fort. Additionally, St. Augustine is known for its several tourist attractions like Juan Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth, the annual Night of Lights festival, and the historic Lincolnville neighborhood.

Back To Top

Not Finding What You're Looking For?

The International Center is ready and able to answer all of your inquiries. Email us!