Flagler Fast Track Master's Program
30 Credit Hours
Flagler students who are currently enrolled in the Undergraduate Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing program are eligible to enroll in up to four cross-listed courses which may apply to their Master’s degree. Cross-listed courses have differentiated outcomes for students who wish to take them at the graduate level.
The Flagler Fast Track Program allows students who have successfully completed cross-listed courses to complete the Master’s program at an accelerated rate. The average length of time for students to complete their Master’s is one year after graduating with their Bachelors of Arts.*
Candidates who wish to enroll in these courses at the graduate level must complete higher level requirements as presented in the syllabus and earn a B or higher in each course.
*Timeline for completion of the Master’s program varies dependent upon individual student course selection and course availability.
Master’s students can choose from a variety of elective courses including two state-approved teaching endorsements:
If you are interested in pursuing this option, contact the Program Director, Dr. Jennifer Catalano, prior to enrolling in the first cross-listed course, or at the beginning of your Junior Year.
- Graduate Application
- A completed Flagler College transcript showing a GPA of 3.0 for the final 60 hours of coursework
- A letter of recommendation from a current Flagler faculty member.
- A Personal Statement of 500 words to be submitted with the application.
- Evidence of Access to a working environment with children who are deaf/hard of hearing
- Demonstration of American Sign Language Proficiency
Fall Applications are due by June 1st.
Students are encouraged to begin the application process during the spring semester of their senior year.