Teaching ASL in the Public Schools
This program is a state-approved concentration leading to an endorsement for teaching American Sign Language as a foreign language requirement in the public schools. These six courses focus on the skills and tools necessary to teach American Sign Language in public school settings. This is a non-reciprocal endorsement. We cannot guarantee that this curriculum will satisfy other states’ requirements for the Teaching American Sign Language in Public Schools endorsement.
If you do not hold a Florida Teaching Certification, but still wish to take the below courses, you may enroll in our Non-Degree Seeking option.
- Graduate Application
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Applicants must submit an official transcript from every institution they have attended
- Evidence of Access to a working environment with students who are learning ASL
- Copy of Teacher’s Certification or proof of eligibility
- Demonstration of American Sign Language Proficiency
- A Personal Statement of 500 words to be submitted with the application
- A current resume
Fall Applications are due by June 1st.