Teaching Children with Severe and Profound Disabilities
This program is a state-approved concentration leading to an endorsement in teaching children with severe and profound disabilities. These four courses focus on the changing population of children with disabilities and provides teachers with the skills necessary to meet the needs of those with the most severe and profound disability. This is a non-reciprocal endorsement. We cannot guarantee that this curriculum will satisfy other states’ requirements for the Teaching Children with Severe and Profound Disabilities endorsement.
If you do not hold a Florida Teaching Certification, but still wish to take the below courses, you may enroll in our Non-Degree Seeking option.
- Graduate Application ($50 application fee)
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Applicants must submit an official transcript from every institution they have attended.
- A GPA of 3.0 is required for all coursework completed.
- Evidence of Access to a working environment with children with severe or profound disabilities.
- Copy of Teacher’s Certification or proof of eligibility
- Letter of Intent: Include a statement of purpose (between one and two pages) clearly describing your academic and (if relevant) professional background and interest in teaching children with severe and profound disabilities.
Fall Applications are due by July 14th
Spring Applications are due by November 17th