Courses for Military Spouses
Medical Administrative Assistant Career Prep Professional
Course Code: MSM112
ACCESS LENGTH: 12 MONTHS
DELIVERY: ONLINE, SELF-PACED
RETAIL PRICE: $2,890.00
This course prepares the student to take the following certificaton exam(s):
- American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Medical Administrative Assistant Certification OR
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Medical Administrative Assistant
The cost of the course INCLUDES the cost of the certification exam.
Administrative Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing careers in the health care industry today. The need for professionals that understand how to utilize computerized medical office software and perform administrative office procedures is growing substantially. Physician practices, hospitals, chiropractic practices, and other health care providers all depend on administrative professionals for day-to-day-support. In the Administrative Medical Assistant course you will learn medical terminology, patient confidentiality, scheduling, customer service, basic patient documentation, and basic billing as well as other administrative duties required by front office personnel.
Learn and recognize word roots, prefixes, and suffixes used in medical language today. Learn how to combine words to create meaningful medical conditions as well as comprehend their definition and know the correct spelling. In this medical terminology course you will learn medical terms related to all major body systems. Medical terms are introduced in the context of human anatomy and physiology to help you understand exactly what they mean. You will practice defining and understanding medical terms using case studies, vignettes, and activities.
Medical Adminstrative Assistant Career Prep Curriculum:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Medical Assisting
- Lesson 2: Ambulatory Care Administration
- Lesson 3: Coding and Medical Billing Procedures
- Lesson 4: Medical Office Administrative Functions
- Lesson 5: Assisting with Medical Specialties
- Lesson 6: Career Development
Medical Terminology Career Prep Curriculum:
- Introduction to Medical Terminology, The Human Body in Health and Disease, Word Part Review
- Skeletal and Muscular System
- Cardiovascular System
- Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Urinary System
- Nervous System and Special Senses: Eyes and Ears
- Integumentary System
- Endocrine System
- Reproductive System
- Diagnostic Procedures, Nuclear Medicine, and Pharmacology
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended for the best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While we understand that our courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, we do not recommend the use of these devices for our courses. The size of these devices do not provide a good learning environment for students taking online or live online based courses.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome is recommended for the best experience.
- Latest Mozilla FireFox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
Basic Software Requirements (These are recommendations of software to use):
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.
If you would like to discuss your options with someone from Adult and Continuing Education, please call (904) 826-8643 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagler College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Master of Arts degrees. Non-degree, non-credit training and development programs are not accredited by SACS Commission on Colleges, and the accreditation of Flagler College does not extend to or include these programs or its students. Flagler College does not accept course work from these programs for credit toward any award.