Courses for Military Spouses
Medical Administrative Assistant Career Prep Expert
Course Code: MSM124
ACCESS LENGTH: 12 MONTHS
DELIVERY: ONLINE, SELF-PACED
RETAIL PRICE: $3,999.00
This course prepares the student to take the following certificaton exam(s):
- American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Medical Administrative Assistant Certification OR
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Medical Administrative Assistant
- American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Medical Coder & Biller Certification (MCBC)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
The cost of the course INCLUDES the cost of TWO certification exams.
Administrative Medical Assisting is one of the fastest growing careers in the health care industry today. The need for professionals that understand how to utilize computerized medical office software and perform administrative office procedures is growing substantially. Physician practices, hospitals, chiropractic practices, and other health care providers all depend on administrative professionals for day-to-day-support. In the Administrative Medical Assistant course you will learn medical terminology, patient confidentiality, scheduling, customer service, basic patient documentation, and basic billing as well as other administrative duties required by front office personnel.
With the Medical Billing program, you will gain the skills you need to enter one of the fastest-growing fields in allied health as a medical billing specialist. In this program, you will gain hands-on, practical experience working with the main coding manuals in the field, the ICD-9-CM and the CPT. In addition, you will be introduced to the new ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system. You will also master the legal, ethical, and regulatory concepts that are central to this field.
With the Medical Coding program, you will gain the skills you need to enter one of the fastest-growing fields in allied health as a medical coding specialist. In this program, you will gain hands-on, practical experience working with the main coding manuals in the field. In addition you will be introduced to the new ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system. You will also master the legal, ethical, and regulatory concepts that are central to this field. Upon completion you will be prepared to sit for the Cerfified Billing and Coding Specialist and the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant exams which are included in the price of the course.
Prerequisite: Solid knowledge of Medical Terminology. If you do not know Medical Terminology, you can take our additional courses.
Medical Administrative Assistant Career Prep Curriculum:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Medical Assisting
- Lesson 2: Ambulatory Care Administration
- Lesson 3: Coding and Medical Billing Procedures
- Lesson 4: Medical Office Administrative Functions
- Lesson 5: Assisting with Medical Specialties
- Lesson 6: Career Development
Medical Billing Career Prep Curriculum:
- Role of the Insurance Specialist
- Compliance, Privacy, Fraud and Abuse in Insurance Billing
- Basics of Health Insurance
- Medical Documentation and the Electronic Health Record
- Diagnostic Coding
- Procedural Coding
- The Paper Claim CMS-1500
- The Electronic Claim
- Receiving Payments and Insurance Problem Solving
- Office and Insurance Collection Strategies
- The Blue Plans, Private Insurance, and Managed Care Plans
- Medicaid and Other State Programs
- TRICARE and Veterans’ Healthcare
- Worker’s Compensation
- Disability Income Insurance and Disability Benefit Programs
- Hospital Billing
- Seeking a Job and Attaining Professional Advancement
Medical Coding Career Prep Curriculum:
- Lesson 1: Reimbursement, HIPAA and Compliance
- Lesson 2: An Overview of ICD-10-CM
- Lesson 3: ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
- Lesson 4: Using ICD-10-CM
- Lesson 5: Chapter Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
- Lesson 6: Chapter Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
- Lesson 7: Chapter Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
- Lesson 8: Introduction to CPT and the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
- Lesson 9: Modifiers
- Lesson 10: Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
- Lesson 11: Anesthesia
- Lesson 12: Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
- Lesson 13: Integumentary System
- Lesson 14: Musculoskeletal System
- Lesson 15: Respiratory System
- Lesson 16: Cardiovascular System
- Lesson 17: Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
- Lesson 18: Digestive System
- Lesson 19: Urinary and Male Genital Systems
- Lesson 20: Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, and Maternity Care and Delivery
- Lesson 21: Endocrine and Nervous Systems
- Lesson 22: Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
- Lesson 23: Radiology
- Lesson 24: Pathology/Laboratory
- Lesson 25: Medicine
- Lesson 26: Inpatient Coding
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended for the best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While we understand that our courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, we do not recommend the use of these devices for our courses. The size of these devices do not provide a good learning environment for students taking online or live online based courses.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome is recommended for the best experience.
- Latest Mozilla FireFox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
Basic Software Requirements (These are recommendations of software to use):
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.
If you would like to discuss your options with someone from Adult and Continuing Education, please call (904) 826-8643 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagler College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Master of Arts degrees. Non-degree, non-credit training and development programs are not accredited by SACS Commission on Colleges, and the accreditation of Flagler College does not extend to or include these programs or its students. Flagler College does not accept course work from these programs for credit toward any award.