Courses for Military Spouses
Start Your Own Business in Day Care Administration
Course Code: MSC106
ACCESS LENGTH: 12 MONTHS
DELIVERY: ONLINE, SELF-PACED
RETAIL PRICE: $3,785.00
This course prepares students for the Council for Professional Recognition Child Development Associate (CDA) certification exam. The Council for Professional Recognition Child Development Associate (CDA) certification exam is broken into four areas (students just have to choose one that fits the setting they want to work in):
- Center-Based, Preschool - Work with children ages 3-5 years old
- Center-Based, Infant-Toddler - Work with children ages birth-36 months
- Family Child Care - Work with children ages birth-5 years old
- Home Visitor - Work with families of children ages birth-5 years old
All areas require the following prerequisites before submitting your application:
- Earn a high school diploma, GED or be enrolled as a junior or senior in a high school career and technical program in early childhood education.
- Complete 120 hours of formal early childhood education training, covering the growth and development of children ages 3 to 5 years old, with no fewer than 10 training hours in each of the eight CDA subject areas.
Each area then has additional requirements after submitting your application. More information on those individual requirements can be found here:https://www.cdacouncil.org/credentials/apply-for-cda/preschool
In this course, we will become familiar with the development and management of a child daycare center, including such elements as child development theories, legal cons.
The purpose of this course is to give the student tools, information, and strategies to equip them in a way that will give them the best chance of success when starting a business. We will discuss topics such as risk, economics, the global market, ethics, legal considerations, organization, human resources, and marketing. As a student reads, completes practices and assignments, discusses with others, and takes assessments, he or she will gain a practical understanding of the components of a small business and the steps that one takes to create and establish that business, from the idea, to the business plan, to the strategies for helping that business to succeed and grow.
Day Care Administration Career Prep Curriculum:
Lesson 1: Managing Children's Centers in the 21st Century
Lesson 2: Types of Child Development Programs
Lesson 3: Applying Theories in Managing a Child Development Center
Lesson 4: Reflective Management
Lesson 5: Organizational Management
Lesson 6: Fiscal Management
Lesson 7: Personnel Management
Lesson 8: Human Relations
Lesson 9: Facilities Management
Lesson 10: Managing Health and Safety Issues
Lesson 11: Managing Food Service
Lesson 12: Educational Programming
Lesson 13: Family Engagement
Lesson 14: Marketing and Public Relations
Lesson 15: Assessment and Evaluation
Become an Entrepreneur Curriculum:
Lesson 1: Entrepreneurial Pathways
Lesson 2: Who are Your Customers?
Lesson 3: Integrated Marketing
Lesson 4: Show Me the Money: Finding, Securing, and Managing It
Lesson 5: Operating a Small Business Effectively
Lesson 6: Leadership, Ethics, and Exits
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended for the best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While we understand that our courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, we do not recommend the use of these devices for our courses. The size of these devices do not provide a good learning environment for students taking online or live online based courses.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome is recommended for the best experience.
- Latest Mozilla FireFox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
Basic Software Requirements (These are recommendations of software to use):
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.
If you would like to discuss your options with someone from Adult and Continuing Education, please call (904) 826-8643 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagler College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Master of Arts degrees. Non-degree, non-credit training and development programs are not accredited by SACS Commission on Colleges, and the accreditation of Flagler College does not extend to or include these programs or its students. Flagler College does not accept course work from these programs for credit toward any award.