Priority 2: Cultivate a Vibrant Campus Community
Goals and Objectives
Goal 7: Build an Engaged and Diverse Campus Community
- Objective 1: Enhance student recruitment and enrollment strategies that are based upon changing demographics and student needs and supported by measurable metrics and data monitored by Enrollment Management and Student Services.
- Objective 2: Develop and implement a comprehensive retention plan to increase overall first-year student retention to 75% by 2021 and to 80% by 2024.
- Objective 3: Develop and implement new majors in fields such as biology, social entrepreneurship, international business, information systems, and applied mathematics.
- Objective 4: Develop the China Program and other international student recruitment with the goal of adding 100 students to the total enrollment over the four-year period 2019-23.
- Objective 5: Increase the total enrollment of underrepresented first-generation and minority students, as well as those from targeted growing geographic markets, through the intentional implementation of supportive admissions policies, programs, and services.
Goal 8: Adopt a Developmental Model of Student Life
- Objective 1: Develop and implement a robust campus life that personifies the values of citizenship and responsibility, provides opportunities for leadership development and offers students opportunities to build a sense of community.
- Objective 2: Develop student-learning outcomes for student life.
Goal 9: Expand On-Campus Residency and Strengthen Campus Life to Enhance the Campus Experience
- Objective 1: Expand on-campus student housing and establish a two-year residency requirement to improve campus life.
- Objective 2: Construct and/or expand one or more residence halls with the goal of increasing on-campus student housing by 250 beds or more.
- Objective 3: Enhance and expand student activity venues and events for all students, including off-campus and older students. Enhance off-campus housing services.
- Objective 4: Create a residential house system with appropriate staffing to enhance campus life.
- Objective 5: Develop and construct an Interfaith Center.
Goal 10: Expand Engagement with Sports
- Objective 1: Establish a Pep Band.
- Objective 2: Establish Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse teams, NCAA Division II.
- Objective 3: Establish Men’s and Women’s Outdoor Track and Field, NCAA Division II.
- Objective 4: Investigate club sport offerings at peer institutions and institute one or more club sports.