Flagler College Allegation Resolution Process
Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
STEP 1: Initiation of an Allegation
An alleged victim or a third party can
- Submit a written complaint to the College’s Title IX Coordinator
- Meet personally with the Title IX Coordinator to report alleged sexual misconduct
- Inform a responsible employee of alleged sexual misconduct
STEP 2: Evaluation of Interim Protective or Disciplinary Measures
The Title IX Coordinator will assess the report and implement, for the safety and well-being of the reporting party or alleged victim, protective measures which may include:
- No-contact orders, housing or academic schedule changes, or other interim measures to ensure safety
- Interim disciplinary measures for the responding party such as sussension, prohibition from being on campus except to attend class, prohibition from participating in student programs or in activities
STEP 3: Investigation
- The Title IX Coordinator will meet separately with the reporting party and the responding party to determine if a potential violation of the policy has occurred.
- If no reasonable grounds exist for believing the conduct at issue constitutes sexual misconduct, the Title IX Coordinator will determine and document an appropriate resolution of the allegation and the allegation will be closed.
- If reasonable grounds exist to believe sexual misconduct has occurred, the Title IX Coordinator will appoint an impartial and trained individual to investigate the allegation.
- The Investigator will interview all parties and witnesses and examine any other available evidence. The investigator will complete a written Investigative Report and submit it to the Title IX Coordinator, who will distribute it concurrently to the reporting party and the responding party.
- Upon review of the Investigative Report, the Title IX Coordinator will determine if there is a potential violation of the Sexual Misconduct Policy. If so, the Title IX Coordinator will direct the allegation to adjudication; if not, an appropriate resolution will be determined and documented and the allegation will be closed.
Adjudication and Appeal Procedures
For complete formal and informal adjudication procedures, as well as procedures for appeal, please refer to the Flagler College Sexual Misconduct Policy, which can be found in its entirety in the policy.