Embedding a YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2007
Click here to download a one-page, printable version of the instructions below with illustrations.
Before downloading this PDF file, please ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader by visiting get.adobe.com/reader
When following these instructions, keep in mind when you give your presentation, you will need to have an active internet connection. If you will be giving the presentation at a venue without an internet connection available, the steps will be different. Contact the Technology Services department for help if you will not have an internet connection at your presentation venue.
- Click on the Developer tab in the PowerPoint toolbar. (If this tab is not visible, you can enable it by clicking on the main Office button in PowerPoint, then PowerPoint Options. At the top, in the Popular section, you will find a checkbox for displaying the Developer Tab.)
- Click on More Tools.
- Scroll to Shockwave Flash Object (you can press S on your keyboard), select it, and hit OK.
- Click and drag in your presentation to place the object.
- Rick-click on the object and choose Properties.
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video.
- Back in the Properties window in PowerPoint, click in the field to the right of Movie.
- Paste in your YouTube URL.
- Edit the URL as follows:
Remove watch? and change the = to a /
Keep the v in place.
- Your final URL will be formatted:
- Modify the other Properties as you wish. For instance, you probably want to set Loop to false, or the movie will keep playing repeatedly.
- Close the Properties window.
- You may resize the object in your PowerPoint to suit your needs.