Embedding a YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2007
Click here to download a one-page, printable version of the instructions below with illustrations.
Before downloading this PDF file, please ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader by visiting get.adobe.com/reader
When following these instructions, keep in mind when you give your presentation, you will need to have an active internet connection. If you will be giving the presentation at a venue without an internet connection available, the steps will be different. Contact the Technology Services department for help if you will not have an internet connection at your presentation venue.
- Get the embed code from the YouTube video you want. You do NOT need to select the old embed code option.
- Go to this webpage: http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/youtube_xhtml/
- Paste the embed code into the box at the top of the page.
- Set your video options.
- IMPORTANT: In the "Player version" drop-down, you MUST choose "v1 (old player, large logo)" or the video will NOT work in PowerPoint.
- Click "Generate code."
- Copy and paste the new code into the PowerPoint Insert > Video from webpage dialog as you normally would. You only need the code from <object...> to </object>. You do not need to copy the part of the code that links back to the webpage.