Residence Hall Wireless and Ethernet
If you experience any issues related to the wireless or wired network in the dorms, please contact us immediately and we will resolve the problem.
Residence Hall Wireless
Do not install wireless equipment, such as routers, in your room. Doing so can cause wireless connectivity problems for you, your roomates, or even students living around you. If you have signal strength issues, contact us and we will visit your room to determine whether we need to install an access point for you that is pre-configured to work with our wireless system.
Click this icon to read more information on each step.
To connect to the wireless network in the residence hall using a computer, phone, or tablet with a web browser:
- Ensure that your wireless card is turned on.
- Connect to the "FC-Campus" wireless network.
- Open your Internet browser and attempt to navigate to a page.
- You should see the wireless login page.
- Enter your Flagler College email username and password to connect. You only need to log in once per year.
To connect to the wireless network in the residence hall using a gaming console, wireless television, or other device lacking a web browser:
- Ensure that your device is not a wireless PRINTER. Wireless printers will not work wirelessly at this time.
- Open this page from a computer and follow the instructions for finding your device's wireless MAC Address: Click here for help finding your MAC address
- On your computer, go to this page to register your device once per year: Register Your Device
- From your device, connect to the "FC-Campus" wireless network.
- Test your connection from your device and contact us if you have any trouble.
Residence Hall Ethernet
Each room has at least one Ethernet port for Internet connection. Connecting to the network using an Ethernet cable does not require you to log in.
If you would like to stream media-rich content such as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Spotify, etc., you may want to plug your computer into the Ethernet port. The Ethernet connection will be reliable for streaming media-rich content, even when many users are connected to the internet during peak times.
To connect to the wired, Ethernet Residence Hall network:
- You will need an Ethernet cable. Note that this cable is different from a phone cable and can be purchased anywhere that electronics or office supplies are sold, including Walt-Mart and some drugstores, or the Flagler College Bookstore.
- All you need to do is to plug the Ethernet cable from your computer into the Ethernet jack and you will be automatically connected to the Internet.
- If you and your roommates need to connect more than one computer to the Ethernet network, you will need to purchase an Ethernet switch and extra Ethernet cables.