The Flagler College Phone-a-thon
Our Current Campaigns
Framing the Future
The Flagler Fund Campaign
When you give to the Flagler Fund, you provide support for scholarships, enhanced facilities and help us to earn national rankings. All of this adds up to benefit not just our current students, but our alumni as well.
A history-making building. A history-making opportunity.
The Pollard Hall Campaign
Flagler College is celebrating a milestone—the construction of Pollard Hall, Flagler's first new academic structure since the Proctor Library was built in 1996.
Each night during the fall and spring semesters, Flagler students make calls to alumni, parents and friends of the College to ask for their financial support. Gifts raised through the Phone-a-thon support scholarships and other annual needs of the College.
Q: Will you send me information via mail?
A: Flagler College can provide you with additional information via mail. However, in an effort to save money, we would prefer you direct any questions to the student callers that you speak with. Flagler College students have a wealth of knowledge about giving to Flagler and are truly your best source of information!
We can also e-mail you information. Just let the student you speak with know you would like information via e-mail.
Q: I received an e-mail and/or letter that indicates I said I would make a gift, but I don’t want to at this time.
A: The student you spoke with may have made a mistake in recording the result of your conversation in his/her computer or he/she may have misunderstood what you stated. Either way, we truly apologize for the error! Please let us know if you would like us to cancel the pledge by e-mailing Andrea Rix, The Director of the Annual Giving at email@example.com or by calling 904-826-8549.
Q: How can I help?
A: Your gift really does make a difference!
- During these difficult economic times, continued alumni support is more important now than ever.
- Your gift helps fund scholarships and will keep our tuition low (Flagler’s tuition is 46% less than other comparable institutions of its size).
- Increased participation influences rankings and helps Flagler College obtain grants from corporations and foundations that research how many alumni contribute.
Q: Why should I give on a credit card?
A: Please give on a credit or debit card
- The calling center is attempting to switch over to electronic funding, which aides the efficiency of resource allocation.
- Placing your gift on a credit or debit card allows us to eliminate shipping and processing fees.
- Your gift becomes immediately available to student resources and other funding priorities.
Q: Who works at the Flagler College Phone-a-thon?
A: The Flagler College Phone-a-thon is staffed by current students. Your gift will directly support students like the ones you will speak with.
Q: Are you a student interested in working at the Phone-a-thon?
A: Download the Phone-a-thon Associate Application
Q: Why do I receive multiple calls from Flagler College?
A: There are two reasons you might receive multiple calls in one year:
- The number of times you’re called depends on the number of areas with which you have past relationships. We try to limit the number of campaigns a person is contacted for each fiscal year.
- People aren't always home or available when we call.
- Because of students' class schedules, we do the majority of our phone-a-thon calling during the evening hours. Naturally, this calling schedule limits our chances of speaking with you. If we don’t get an answer, we may try several times in a semester to reach you by phone.
We care about our relationship with you!
If there is anything we can do to make our phone calls more convenient for you, please feel free to contact Andrea Rix at 904-826-8549.