Campus & Facilities Overview
Ponce de León Hall
The centerpiece of the campus is the former Hotel Ponce de León, a grand resort built in 1888 by Henry Flagler. This impressive structure is an intricate complex of four buildings representing a mélange of historical styles. Beautiful grounds and an impressive interior, which includes ornate hand-carved wood, panels of imported marble, elaborate murals, and Tiffany stained-glass windows, complement the distinctive architecture. Ponce de Leon Hall has earned the distinction as a National Historic Landmark, the highest designation for a historic building or place.
Business Services Building
The Office of Business Services houses the student accounts office. 20 Valencia St. was once known as the Union Generals House. The building gained notoriety because John McAllister Schofield, who is known for making the reconmendation that pearl Harbor become an American naval base, took it as his winter residence.
Crisp-Ellert Art Museum and Anderson Cottage
The Crisp-Ellert Art Museum was built to honor Dr. JoAnn Crisp-Ellert and her husband, Dr. Robert Ellert, after the donation of their historic house. Opened in 2007, the museum honors that gift and recognizes the couple’s contributions to the College and to the St. Augustine community. The gallery is dedicated to exhibiting contemporary art by local, regional and national arts, in addition to hosting important cultural exhibitions. The museum also hosts the Bachelor of Art and Bachelor of Fine Art Senior Portfolio exhibitions every semester, as well as occasional faculty exhibitions. The museum is a member of the Art Galleries of St. Augustine (AGOSA).
Flagler College Athletics Complex
The Saints athletic programs compete and train in many quality facilities on or near the college campus. Flagler offers 13 varsity sports and several intramural activities. The Athletics Complex includes Drysdale Field (baseball), Saints Field (men's and women's soccer), Flagler Field (softball), and the state-of-the-art Flagler Field Locker Room Facility.
Flagler College Gymnasium
Flagler College is a proud member of the National Collegiate Athletics Association, Division II, and the Peach Belt Conference. Flagler Gymnasium is home to the Saints basketball and volleyball teams, and houses the weight room facility and coaches' offices. The second floor of the gym contains a workout facility that is available for all students to use.
Hanke Hall serves as the first point of contact for prospective students and visitors. Named after Board of Trustees member Col. G. F. Robert Hanke, USMC (Ret) Hanke Hall is also home to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
North of Ponce de Leon Hall is Kenan Hall, the College’s principal academic facility. Kenan Hall contains classrooms, seminar rooms, faculty offices, and laboratories. All students will take classes in Kenan during their first two years at Flagler College to complete general education classes.
Lewis Auditorium at Flagler College
Lewis Auditorium opened in 1991 and underwent a major renovation in the summer of 2012. The auditorium recognizes and honors Mr. Lawrence Lewis Jr., the College’s major benefactor during its formative years. Mr. Lewis provided the funds to construct the auditorium in 1991. Highlights of Lewis Auditorium include:
- A 789-seat theater, which is used by the College’s theatre arts program, Flagler College events, and by many community organizations.
- The stage, equipped with a 24-foot diameter turntable, which projects into the seating area, bringing action closer to the audience.
- The lobby, which is a sweeping crescent approximately 130 feet in length
- The ticket counter, which occupies a central position in the lobby, and is the former bursar’s window from the Hotel Ponce de Leon.
Markland House, home to the Andrew Anderson family for a century, was constructed in 1839 as the centerpiece of a citrus plantation. The original eastern two thirds of the building is constructed of coquina stone, the same material as that used for the Castillo de San Marcos and St. Augustine's Spanish colonial buildings. In 1899, New York architect Charles Gifford and Philadelphia interior designers Karcher and Harpring orchestrated a major addition constructed of structural brick and transformed the building into a Beaux Arts-style masterpiece with colossal Corinthian columns. Flagler College restored the first floor to its turn-of-the-20th-century grandeur for College-related functions. The second floor houses staff offices.
Molly Wiley Art Building
The Molly Wiley Art Building is an award-winning building, recognized for the rehabilitation and conversion to classrooms and studios for the art and fine arts programs. Its iconic smokestack identifies the Edison Boiler Building readily, and the former Artists Studios retains all of the exterior design and details, including the palm tree trunk columns on the second floor balcony. The building is named in honor of Mary Lily Flagler “Molly” Lewis Wiley, Henry Flagler’s great-grand niece.
Pollard Hall was completed in the fall of 2014, and is a multi-purpose academic building that houses the College's Communication Department and television studio. Pollard Hall consists of 18,600 square feet of space for eight classrooms, faculty offices, the TV studio and a commons area for students to meet, study and do work.
The Library is named for Dr. William L. Proctor, president of the College from 1971 to 2001. The first floor of the library is used primarily for research. The second floor of the library houses the majority of books, as well as more study areas for students. The third floor houses computer labs, classrooms, faculty offices, and our IT department.
The College has five residence halls, two for women and three for men.
- Ponce De Leon Hall, housing for approximately 480 female students and is the central building on campus.
- Florida East Coast Towers, housing for approximately 90 females.
- Lewis House, housing for 180 men.
- Cedar Hall, housing 104 men.
- Florida East Coast Towers, housing 87 males.
Ringhaver Student Center
The Ringhaver Student Center is centrally located between the three residence halls, opposite Ponce De Leon Hall, and down the street from the Proctor Library. The Ringhaver Student Center includes:
- Three lounges: one recreational lounge which contains pool tables, ping pong tables and a foosball table; a television viewing lounge; and one lounge designed for quiet conversation and reflective time.
- The Bistro
- The College Bookstore
- The Virgina Room,a large multipurpose room
In addition, the Ringhaver Student Center houses the Office of Student Services, the Office of Career Services, the Office of Advising and Retention, the Director of Student Activities, the Director of Intramurals, the Student Government Association, and the Campus Activity Board offices.
Wiley Hall was constructed in 1888 as a residence for the hotel physician and later modified to its current Colonial Revival style in the early 20th century. The building is named for Mary Lily Flagler "Molly" Lewis Wiley who spent much of her childhood living in the building. Currently, Wiley Hall houses the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Study Abroad and classroom space.