10 Reasons Why You Should Participate in Day of Service
1. “It is very fulfilling to help the community while representing your college.” – Daniel Lee, Junior
2. “Participating in day of service gives students, faculty, staff, and alumni easy access to experience first hand the impact they can have on the community around them. It is also a great opportunity for students to get a feel of what type of organizations Flagler College Volunteers work with.” – Alex Quinones, Day of Service Director
3. “Day of Service is great because there’s people coming together as one to help the organizations that care for the community. A little bit of help can go a long way and to see those positive impacts in the community is humbling.” – Alyssa Winter, Sophomore
4. “Day of service provides you with an opportunity to bond with friends, as well as your fellow classmates while having a positive effect on the community around you.” – Levi Dobson, Junior
5. “Day of service is a really good opportunity to step outside of yourself and your world, and take the time to help others and see the impact you can have on others.” – Abby Holmes, Sophomore
6. “Day of service allows the students of Flagler College to act upon their passion of community service while working alongside fellow classmates of which share the same passion.” – Lindsay Giliam, Freshman
7. “The day of service has been one of my favorite events at Flagler since the very first one last year. I love being able to help those in need and give back to the community that has given me so much over the last few years.” – Yasmeen Anis, Junior
8. “While some may see it as a requirement or something to get over with, day of service tremendously helps these organizations. Just a few hours of work has a lasting impact and is a great burden relieved from the people of these organizations.” – Karina Quinones, Freshman
9. “This is a great opportunity for students to be introduced to the varied non-profit organizations and their services in our area so they can identify how to be of service beyond this one organized day.” - Laura Stevenson Dumas, Director of College Relations
10. “This is the opportunity for students, faculty, and staff to build a legacy of social responsibility and create a tradition of community involvement at Flagler College.” – Timothy Mellon, Director of Student Activities
To register for the Feb. 11 day of service, join Flagler College Volunteers’ page here. Navigate to the appropriate form under the “Forms” tab — either for site leaders or regular volunteers — and fill out the requested information. Alumni should fill out the form here.
On the day of the event, registration for site leaders begins at 8 a.m., and registration for general volunteers begins at 9 a.m. Breakfast, lunch, transportation to and from organizations and a gift to pre-registered participants will be provided. The day concludes no later than 3 p.m.