Forwarding Your Email
Forward email from Office 365 to another email account
- Sign in to Office 365 at https://outlook.office.com.
- At the top of the page, choose Settings > Mail.
- Choose Forwarding.
- Follow the instructions on the page.
Important Notes - Read Before Forwarding
- If you leave Flagler and your Flagler email account is deleted, emails will no longer be forwarded.
- This new rule will only apply to email sent since you have created the rule. It will not forward old mail that you already have in your mailbox.
- Messages that are redirected will appear to come from the original sender. When you reply to a message that has been redirected, the reply will be sent to the original sender.
- Messages that are forwarded will appear to be forwarded from you. When you reply to a message that has been forwarded, the reply will be sent to the address the message was forwarded from, not to the original sender.
- A copy of messages that you redirect or forward will remain in your mailbox.
- If you add an action to delete the message, the message will go to your Deleted Items folder and will still be counted against your mailbox limit. If you exceed your mailbox limit, you may be blocked from sending or receiving new messages and forwarding rules may not work until you delete enough messages to bring the total below your mailbox limit.
- When you create a forwarding rule, you can add more than one address to forward to. The number of addresses you can forward to may be limited, depending on the settings for your account. If you add more addresses than are allowed, your forwarding rule won’t work. If you create a forwarding rule with more than one address, test it to be sure it works.
- If you are forwarding your emails to a Gmail account, there is a chance that the Flagler emails could go into your spam folder. This problem is solved by creating a filter in gmail which ensures that all official Flagler.edu emails never end up in your spam folder. Instructions on how to set up the filter can be found here.