The College offers confidential counseling services to help students deal with personal concerns that interfere with learning and academic progress. The Counseling Center’s professional counselors provide individual and group counseling and crisis intervention on short-term and emergency issues as well as consultation and referral services. All services are strictly confidential and are not part of students’ college records. Counseling is free of charge to all currently enrolled students.
There are many reasons students should seek professional counseling. Often, they want to:
- Feel more satisfied with their lives
- Be more effective in dealing with problems
- Increase their self-awareness
- Improve their self-esteem, or
- Enhance communications within a relationship
Counseling can also help with problems related to:
- Adjustment to college life
- Conflicts with roommates
- Family problems
- Time management
- Eating disorders
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Grief, stress, depression, anger
- Social isolation
- Study skills and test anxiety
The Counseling Center is located at 65 Valencia St. Please stop by our office in order to schedule an appointment with one of our counselors.
If you have any other questions, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling the Counseling Center at (904) 819-6305.
The Alcohol and Marijuana e-CheckUpToGo websites are brief assessment and feedback tools. They are designed to increase knowledge and awareness about the use of these substances among college students.