Ask Public Administration
Ask us a question:
Public Administration Program
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
- Published four books examining the Tea Party impact on 2010 elections, scholarly debates in public administration, redistricting, and the 2012 Republican Nomination process.
- Published numerous journal articles related to public opinion (in European Union nations, Pakistan, and Iran), campaign strategy, public policy analysis, and pedagogy. Journals include International Studies Quarterly, PS: Political Science and Politics, Journal of Common Market Studies, Journal of Political Science Education, Journal of South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, American Behavioral Scientist, Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, and Early Childhood Research & Practice.
- Published over fifteen book chapters and thirty academic encyclopedia entries.
- Quoted as a subject matter expert on political campaigns, public opinion polling, nonprofit board development, nonprofit fundraising, and technology and politics.
- Conducts political polling for nonprofit agencies, governmental bodies, communities, sitting politicians, and candidates for political office.
Dr. Will Miller received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from the Ohio University Honors Tutorial College and Master of Arts Degree in Political Science from Ohio University. He earned a Master of Applied Politics (focusing on political polling and campaign strategy) from the Ray C. Bliss Institute at the University of Akron and his Ph.D. in Public Administration and Urban Studies, also from the University of Akron.
Prior to coming to Flagler, he taught as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, Philosophy, and Religion at Southeast Missouri State University, along with time at Ohio University and Notre Dame College as a Visiting Assistant Professor. Dr. Miller has advised elected officials, agency administrators, and social service agencies and brings this real world experience to his classes. For example, he recently helped a local agency win a major grant and conducted three need assessments for large nonprofits.
His special interests include campaigns and elections, polling, board development, grant writing, and the pedagogy of political science and public administration.
Teaching and Related Service:
- Organization Behavior
- Grant Writing and Administration
- State and Local Government
- Program Evaluation
- Southeast Missouri State University
- Ohio University
- Notre Dame College