Parents Leadership Council Member Job Description:
The Parents Leadership Council (PLC) at Flagler College is comprised of parents who are committed to strengthening the academic mission and enhancing the student experience. Members must be parents of current or past students and serve renewable one-year terms. PLC members are recruited based on their ability and willingness to serve as ambassadors of Flagler College and their interest in developing resources that support the Flagler Fund.
Funds raised by PLC members can either be applied to the Flagler Fund, which provides student financial aid in the form of Scholarships and Institutional Grants, or restricted funds such as program support, athletics, and capital projects.
PLC members agree to:
- Provide valuable insight and advice to administrators.
- Serve as ambassadors of the College.
- Help foster the sense of community among Flagler parents.
- Participate in the bi-annual PLC meetings and any ad hoc business.
- Volunteer at on campus functions, such as Move-In Day and Family Weekend.
- Assist in identifying and recruiting new PLC members.
- Assist in the welcome efforts for first-year families by making welcome calls.
- Call and thank other Flagler parents for their support.
- Assist, if possible, in providing internship and networking opportunities for students and recent grads.
- Attend and possibly help host new student send-offs and other regional events.
- Make a leadership commitment by joining the President’s Society with a minimum annual gift of $1,000.
- Help encourage philanthropic support from fellow parents.