Get Help and Report
If you are a victim of sexual assault:
Ensure Your Physical Safety
- Call 911 for 24/7 help from local law enforcement.
- Call 819-6200 for 24/7 help from the Flagler College Office of Safety and Security. Flagler Security can assist with contacting local law enforcement and help you obtain transportation.
Seek Medical Assistance and Treatment
It is crucial that you obtain medical attention as soon as possible after a sexual assault to treat injury, prevent or treat sexually transmitted diseases (such as HIV), and prevent pregnancy. Medical facilities can also screen for the presence of sedative drugs such as Rohypnol or GHB (date-rape drugs).
- Flagler Hospital is located at 400 Health Park Blvd., St. Augustine, FL 32086. The Emergency Department can be reached at 904-819-5155.
- Flagler College Health Services is located off the Ponce de Leon Hall breezeway, M-F 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (904) 819-6211
Obtain Emotional Support
Emotional support is available to you free of charge:
- Flagler College Counseling Center: 8 Valencia Street (between Lewis House and Wiley Hall) (904) 819-6305 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Betty Griffin House (for Abused Women and Men) can be reached at (904) 824-1555 (24 hours a day).