Whether it is the quality of academic programming, the beauty of our campus and setting, or the unparalleled value we afford students and families, Flagler College has been recognized as among the best in the nation.
• Fulbright scholar, carried out field study on myths and legends of Indians in the jungle. Traveled throughout the country by bus, foot, bush plane and dugout canoe, Quito, Ecuador
• Former editor, The Houston Chronicle
• Former Foreign Correspondent, Dallas Morning News
• Featured in Lords of the Mafia: Mexico, a documentary that aired on PBS and on Court TV in 2000
• Appeared in dozens of radio and television interviews with National Public Radio, the Jeff Rense Show, Voice of America, KERA in Dallas and others
• National Commission Against Drunk Driving Commendation Award, “Blood Border” series
Professor Eaton earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Rutgers and a Master’s degree in Journalism from Temple University. Professor Eaton was the Dallas Morning News bureau chief in Cuba from 2000 to early 2005. Before that, he headed the paper's Mexico City bureau. A former Fulbright scholar, he has been a journalist and photographer since 1983. He has been a staff writer at seven daily newspapers, including the Miami Herald. He was metropolitan editor at the Houston Chronicle before moving to Florida. Along with his duties as a college professor, he writes for Miami-based CubaNews, Madrid-based Cubaencuentro and other publications.
Previously taught at: