James Wilson: Faculty and Staff
Whether it is the quality of academic programming, the beauty of our campus and setting, or the unparalleled value we afford students and families, Flagler College has been recognized as among the best in the nation.
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
- Publications in literary journals, both fiction and non-fiction
- Works have appeared in Southwestern Review, Prairie Winds and others.
- Co-organizer of the “Other Words” Conference, sponsored by the Florida Literary Arts Coalition (FLAC), and a member of the FLAC board
- Has critiqued fiction at the Deep South Writers Festival of Writers and the UNF Writers Conference
- Has led sessions on teaching Creative Writing at HoustonCommunity College
- Was an AWP panelist on organizing writing conferences
Currently working on his first novel, Giving It Away
Professor Wilson earned his Ph.D. in English from the University of Louisiana, his M.A. in English from the University of South Dakota and his B.A. in English from Dakota Wesleyan University. He specializes in creative writing, and he is the director of the Writers-In-Residence program at Flagler College. He has published fiction, poetry and non-fiction in national literary journals and magazines.
Teaching and Related Service:
- Professional Writing
- American Literature
- Short Story Writing
- Advanced Fiction Writing
- Manuscript in Creative Writing
- American Masterpieces
- Modern Fiction and Modern Poetry
Previously taught at:
- University of NorthFlorida
- RemingtonCollege at Lafayette
- University of Louisiana