Whether it is the quality of academic programming, the beauty of our campus and setting, or the unparalleled value we afford students and families, Flagler College has been recognized as among the best in the nation.
Rankings & Recognition
• State Master Trainer in ESOL curriculum development for the Florida Department of Education
• Recipient of National Professional Development Grant for work in English Language and Literacy
• Recipient of Title VII Bilingual Ph.D. Fellowship from U.S. Department of Education
• Appointed member of Florida ESOL Textbook State Adoption Committee, 1990
• Widely published in academic and professional journals; accomplished conference speaker.
Professor Serrano earned her Ph.D. from Florida State University in Multilingual-Multicultural Education where she was awarded a fellowship for the U.S. Department of Education. She earned her M.A. from The University of Northern Colorado in Curriculum and Instruction with major emphasis in Elementary Bilingual-Bicultural Education and her B.S. degree from the University of Wisconsin where she majored in Seconday Spanish. She completed the Junior Year Abroad Program at the University of Valencia, Spain. Additional graduate coursework was completed at the University of Texas and at Florida Atlantic University. Dr. Serrano was awarded a scholarship from the Embassy of Spain and studied at the University of Castilla-La Mancha most recently. She is a specialist in second language acquisition and its application to TESOL.
Previously taught at: